My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Tebogo Selahle

56 likes

·

567 reads

12 comments

Sharon Bapela
Sharon Bapela
Jan 28, 2024

This was a captivating and humorous read. It is also a testament of your tenacity and hard work. Well done!! 👏🏾

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Jan 29, 2024

Thank you 😊

·
neo mothudi
neo mothudi
Jan 28, 2024

Your transparency here was quite refreshing 👌🏽. Well done! You’ve come a long way✨

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Jan 28, 2024

Thank you 😊

·
Yussuf Aboobaker
Yussuf Aboobaker
Jan 28, 2024

Totally enjoying these pls share more. We shared similar experiences at takealot. The geeking out about having smart people around you that are just as needy as you.

My role was away from software but enjoyed speaking to you software peeps. I was a hobbyist programmer at the time and loved speaking to you guys about your work.

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Jan 28, 2024

Thanks, man. Please feel free to share what type of content you'd be keen on reading.

Yeah, I've been on your GitHub profile and saw you do some occasional tinkering. Let me know if you ever need some assistance :)

·
Ekenias (Kenny) Chigiga
Ekenias (Kenny) Chigiga
Jan 29, 2024

I love that never-give-up attitude; keep it up. One of the best engineers I have worked with. You have a bright future ahead

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Jan 29, 2024

Thanks, Kenny 🎉

·
Shadrack Taeli
Shadrack Taeli
Jan 29, 2024

Nice one dude. Your journey is inspiring 👌

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Jan 29, 2024

Thanks, man 🎉

·
Akash
Akash
Jan 30, 2024

Hardwork always pays off! So Just be yourself.

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Jan 30, 2024

Thank you!

·
Shubh Sharma
Shubh Sharma
Feb 3, 2024

I can relate to this, I love technologies but i hate those electronics and stuff.

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Feb 3, 2024

Exactly! Code or nothing 😄

·
Lee Carver
Lee Carver
Feb 3, 2024

How interesting. What a striking story.

It reminds me of my path.

When I started college, I had no information about a career in software. I wound up in Physics rather than Electronics, but with similar results. My classwork cratered in my third year.

The odd part is that my story starts in the 1970’s. Even though I was attending high school in Silicon Valley (San Jose), the idea of writing software professionally never came up.

I switched to Computer Science, and it’s all been uphill since. After graduating in the early 1980’s, I’ve worked at Boeing, Microsoft, Google, and a few others.

It’s been a delight keeping up with the evolving technology. I later completed a Master’s degree in Computer Science. Almost the entire time has been building distributed software systems of ever increasing scale.

·
·1 reply
Tebogo Selahle
Tebogo Selahle
Author
·Feb 4, 2024

Thanks, Lee.

Reading your story, it's quite evident that software is where you belong 😄. I'd love to hear/read more about your experiences all these years.

·
Gift Mashilwane
Gift Mashilwane
Feb 19, 2024

I remember during your second year, we spoke on your results and how the course was not what you wanted. The challenges it gave you and how unhappy you were. I am happy to have been a part of your journey. To see you have an impact with Takealot.com, backed up by actual time and cost saving metrics is a blessing. You are in the right industry mmata. Well done!

·
Reckson Zirsangzela Khiangte
Reckson Zirsangzela Khiangte
Apr 25, 2024

Very insightful

·