SAIC is seeking a Java Developer to join our team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command.
This is a REMOTE / Work From Home position.
The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Recruiting Support Branch.
• Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
• Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
• Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
• 2+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field;or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and zero years’ professional experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.or an Associates degree in a related discipline and 4 years' related experience.
• Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
• Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
• Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
• Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
• Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
• Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
• Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
• Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
• Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
• Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
• US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
• Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract .
• Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
• Must obtain a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, with the first 90 days of employment.
• Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
• Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
• Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
• Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
• Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
• Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
• Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
• Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer. WORK LOCATION: Fort Knox, KY SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability