Would you book a hotel without knowing anything about it? Neither would we! Here at trivago, we want to provide our users with the best and most relevant information to help them find the ideal hotel. To achieve this, we build highly scalable data pipelines in AWS to collect data about millions of hotels.
We are looking for experienced, entrepreneurial Software Engineers to help build and maintain our data pipelines and deliver data to our internal teams. You will join a team of nine passionate Software Engineers, Data Analysts, and Product Owners to provide the foundation of our platform. You can work from our office in the vibrant city center of Amsterdam.
What you'll do:
- Be a part of our Source team to contribute to the development of our current platform.
- Build scalable and high-performance data pipelines in the AWS cloud.
- Use streaming technologies to provide our data to numerous teams within trivago.
- Actively increase knowledge about Amazon Web Services within the entire team.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience building systems in the AWS cloud.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services: Lambda, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB, Glue, Redshift.
- You thrive when writing code and building solutions.
- You enjoy working in a team that prefers shared responsibility over individual achievement.
- You are driven by pragmatism and outcome, rather than perfectionism.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proven experience in building software from initial concept to final delivery.
- Proven experience in coaching and training other engineers.
- A portfolio of software projects you have worked on.
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook - @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
What we need you to provide:
In the 'My Experience' step of the application process please upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Motivation letter (including salary expectations)
- For non-EU citizens and if available: a copy of your work permit or visa
Looking forward to hearing from you!