Requisition ID: 175820
Work Area: Software-Design und Entwicklung
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Berufserfahren
Employment Type: Vollzeit, unbefristet
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network (ICN) is a strategic development entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. Across various focus clusters and by building on strong teams, we pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with startups, customers & partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. To ensure a successful go-to-market, we follow an end-to-end responsibility approach. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state of the art in computer science and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In This Role, You Will Have The Great Opportunity To As a Senior Developer / Development Expert for Exploration Topics, you will be part of a technology-focused team that is built to help shape the future generations of SAP software.
- Contribute in a team aiming at evaluating a pipeline of latest trends and ideas
- Check the potential of different technologies, define and implement first prototypes and solve software engineering challenges that come across with latest topics. The result of those evaluations will be a decision if an idea will lead to a development project or even a new focus area within the SAP Innovation Center Network
- Demonstrate a mindset that is open for new technologies, tools, and general trends in computing and beyond
- Make use of your strong knowledge in software engineering and SAP software and quickly design proof-of-concept solutions to actively challenge and improve state-of-the-art software This is an ideal role for a very focused and ambitious individual who is able to work in a high-pressure environment. At SAP, we have diversity at heart, so you will also be able to work with the brightest minds from a multitude of cultural and ethnical backgrounds.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very good university degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field
- Solid programming skills and strong competencies in computer science including data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and software design
- Current and in-depth knowledge of latest technology trends outside of SAP and ability to easily move into new topics
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art cloud and mobile technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Deep understanding of advanced database technologies
- Working experiences with latest Web frameworks, Hadoop, Spark, or CloudFoundry
- Working knowledge of agile development principles and tools in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Besides deep technical knowledge, practical experience in presenting results to customers, managers, and non-technical audience is mandatory
- Excellent English and/or German language skills - written and verbal
- Experience in development of distributed parallel, transactional, or multi-tenant systems are beneficial
- Solid knowledge in user interface design with experience using the Design Thinking methodology for user-centered software design would be helpful
- Deep understanding of SAP technologies, especially SAP UI5, HCP, S/4HANA, and SAP HANA. The full-stack experience should range from strong frontend development skills in building SAP Apps to backend development skills in writing and optimizing SQL and stored procedures
We are looking for an outstanding individual with professional work experience of at least five years. PhD graduates are also welcome to apply!
Your application documents should contain a cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest, your CV, copies of your degrees (university, apprenticeship, high school) and copies of references from your former employers (if available).
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities.