Citrusbyte is a team of experts who set sound principles and best practices into action. Our craftspeople solve complex problems and build amazing things for some of the largest, global, household names. We have offices in LA and New York and we work remotely with team members around the world. This is a remote friendly role.
This role will require some travel to client sites as necessary. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
As Solutions Architect you see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing and developing a solution, to testing and deployment. You are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You easily understand algorithmic foundation of products, and be able to design and help implement solutions.
We deliver projects in languages including Ruby, C#, Java, Elixir, Node.js, Go, Python and Lua. We believe in always choosing the right tool for the job and we are very open minded about trying different technologies. You should always be able to answer the question: What have I learned this week?
You are smart, driven and talented. Tell us more about you!
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full lifecycle of application solution development for our clients with duties including but not limited to:
- Technical Sales - Assisting the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments
- Project Kick-Start and Discovery - Become the domain expert for each new environment
- Research and document existing infrastructure, systems, technologies, teams and in general all the information in order to ensure engineering team and project success
- Validating integration points and technical hypotheses through prototyping, tech spikes, etc
- Project Implementation
- Lead the relationship with our client from the engineering side. Able to receive feedback about our engineering team directly and mediate if necessary when there are any conflicts.
- Maintain a broad view - ensure that multiple projects across a single account adhere to consistent best practices, processes and technology stacks with an overall focus on usability, simplicity and quality.
- Project Hand-Off duties including
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders to maintain their new product
- General Consulting
- Day-to-day point of contact for all things technical with client stakeholders and client team
- Continually educating client and client stakeholders about the benefits of our approach and process to software and solutions development.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5+ years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Experience working with distributed systems is a plus.
- Must be eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure are a plus.
- Experience working with Chef, Ansible, and other provisioning technologies is a plus.
- BS of Computer Science or similar academic background is a plus.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum teams
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Ability to travel and work on site for project kick-off and other times as necessary
You like to get the work done! You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. We want to know more about you!
Citrusbyte is a team of experts steeped in the theory and practice of mathematics and computer science. This is the the core of our iterative, hypothesis-driven process. We are craftspeople who build amazing products for some of the largest global household names. We believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership and technical excellence in all of our team members. Together we build applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
REMOTE FIRST - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Citrusbyte expects team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, skills development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of our relationship, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment engagement status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Citrusbyte is an equal opportunity employer.