Why work at 10up?
Freedom & Flexibility
We are focused on achieving goals and making things happen, not looking over your shoulder. Break out of “brick and mortar” offices and gain freedom from commutes. Our team works when and where they are most inspired.
Open Source & Community Values
We believe in an open, collaborative Internet and the democratization of publishing – making the tools for building and telling stories simple and affordable. This firm belief translates to reinvesting our time, effort, and money back into the community that we’ve built our business on. We give back by…
- Being involved in the community: 10up employs more WordPress core contributors than any agency in the world.
- Contributing to WordPress Core.
- Open sourcing plugins and utilities and collaborating with existing open source projects.
- Sharing our expertise by organizing, speaking at, and attending community events and conferences.
Opportunities to Learn & Grow
You’ll be encouraged to learn and grow on every project in any way you can. Read about new technology and techniques, then figure out how to use them to make people’s lives better, easier, or just bring a smile to someone’s face.
- Develop complex WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP.
- Mentor engineers and provide code reviews.
- Drive strategy and lead back end technical vision for large projects.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks. Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly.
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Deploy changes to live servers.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites.
- At least five years experience in back end focused web development.
- Ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Experience using Git.
- Ability to setup a local environment for testing PHP code.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.