If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independently managed company of Siemens AG. Siemens Mobility has been a leading provider of transport solutions for more than 160 years, and is continuously developing its portfolio through innovation. Its core business comprises rolling stock, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic engineering, and the associated services. By harnessing digitalization, Siemens Mobility enables mobility operators the world over to make their infrastructure intelligent, increase their value added sustainably over the entire lifecycle, improve passenger comfort, and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, Siemens' former Mobility Division reported sales revenue of 8.1 billion euros and employed some 28,400 people around the world.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will independently develop embedded software for vehicle devices such as master computers which allow a high degree of automation in rail traffic, up to autonomous driving.
- You will be working on our basic software as well as on individual solutions for customers.
- You will test and adapt vehicle control on test tracks and customer systems (throughout the world).
- You will use C/C++, Pascal, Matlab and script languages to develop software.
- You will also drive the implementation of ideas for intelligent devices with considerable customer benefit (driver advisory systems, driverless operation).
Your Qualifications – Solid And Appropriate
- You have completed a bachelor's or master's degree in IT, or a natural sciences or engineering-related discipline.
- You can also offer many years of professional experience in software development, ideally obtained in a project-driven environment.
- You have very good programming skills (e.g. in C/C++, Pascal or script languages).
- You enjoy solving difficult and complex problems and are prepared to get to grips with new technologies too.
- As we also operate at international level, you can offer outstanding German and very good English language skills as well as a willingness to travel (approx. 5%).