Swing Left is seeking an experienced full-stack software developer to join our team full-time through the November election and optionally beyond. This position will have a major impact on the midterm election as a software developer by joining the Swing Left technology team. This position is full-time, paid position. Swing Left is a remote organization, so we are accepting applicants from around the country.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a grassroots network of 400,000+ volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
- Growth and optimization projects to find and recruit tens of thousands of volunteers to join the hundreds of thousands of Swing Left members as we gear up for GOTV efforts.
- Expanding and improving swingleft.org and thelastweekend.org to increase signups, improve conversions, and help volunteers find meaningful actions they can take to impact the election.
- Extensive data analysis to understand our current volunteer impact, mailing list performance, fundraising performance, and more to identify opportunities for new focus and optimization.
- Building software to further refine and personalize our email program and ensure all of our mailings are highly relevant, timely, and effective.
- Integrating data from campaigns across the country so that we can mobilize Swing Left volunteers to the most important and high-impact events at the right times.
- Miscellaneous rapid-response tasks needed to reach users in response to breaking news and urgent requests during the thick of campaign season.
- 5+ years experience as a full-time, full-stack software developer.
- Strong proficiency in Python a must. Exposure to Flask preferred.
- Strong proficiency in SQL a must. Postgres experienced preferred. Exposure to PostGIS nice-to-have.
- Proficiency with task automation scripting.
- Experience with best practices for working effectively with remote teams.
- Willingness to do occasional gruntwork needed to work around limitations of Progressive software. Position is at will, but with a expected commitment through November. Swing Left provides a competitive benefits package. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, retirement, parental leave policies and other similar benefits in interviews.
We believe that the GOP's bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society—including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.