Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
This role is for a senior application developer working within the Wholesale Lending team to provide technological solutions for the global Primary Credit, Loan, CMBS, ABS and MTN origination businesses. The successful candidate will be working with developers, business analysts and project managers globally to deliver major core platform implementations.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to the teams drive for innovation and continuous technological improvement.
- Align to quality assurance standards and best practices for development of testable solutions.
Take ownership of the delivery of key architectural enhancements and extensions
- Development of Bond and Loan origination applications using a modern service oriented architecture that is compliant with Barclays’ security standards.
- Adoption and extension of continuous integration efforts and alignment to broader initiatives within Barclays.
- Support and problem diagnosis for production issues as necessary.
- Ownership of delivery of technical and functional features.
• 4 year bachelors degree in computing or scientific/numeric discipline.
• 6+ years of professional software development experience.