Location: Fort Smith, AR
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About The Position
The Software Developer for Goodyear’s Fort Smith Service Center will join an existing team to support business critical applications while working with some of the latest technologies such as; C#.net, AZURE, SQL, Visual Studio, and Sourcecode Control. This project based position will perform requirements gathering, general software development, as well as writing and testing software for deployment. The ability to organize a project schedule, communicate with internal/external team members, work independently and be a critical thinker are qualities for success in this role.
- Write and test software on schedule in support of company objectives as defined by the software development manager.
- Resolve system outage incidents quickly using sustainable methods.
- Conform software to established coding guidelines, Sarbanes-Oxley I/T guidelines, and ensure programs perform within acceptable CPU usage amounts.
- Communicate with other analysts as well as supervisor concerning software changes before, during, and upon their completion.
- Produce accurate time estimates for proposed projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- 2+ years of experience is required.
- Knowledge of general computer environments/platforms, familiarity with various computer languages and database structures. Ability to organize a project schedule and communicate with internal/external team members. Independent thinker, good work ethic, conscientious and self-motiviated. Specific knowledge with C#, .NET, SQL, Visual Studio, Sourcecode Control and Microsoft Azure.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.