Are you passionate about using the power of the cloud to transform the game industry? If so, now is your opportunity to join PlayFab in bringing best-in-class gaming solutions to game studios around the world.
PlayFab is a back-end platform for building, launching, and growing cloud-connected games no matter where they release (Xbox, PC, Mobile, Web, PlayStation, Nintendo and more). It features scalable game services, real-time analytics for better understanding game players, and LiveOps to host live events, run experiments, and reward players.
PlayFab has achieved significant traction with more than 90 million MAU. We’re looking for great people to help build our reach to more than 2 billion gamers worldwide!
In this role, you’ll help us build a system that enables data driven decision making. Your primary focus will be building scalable solutions to our predictive analysis challenges. You’ll learn a wide range of big data technologies and use that knowledge to deliver game-as-a-service solutions.
- Build data services that are scalable and sustainable throughout their lifecycle
- Build efficient, extensible data models from a variety of sources
- Work closely with backend engineers and data scientists to roll out new products
- 7+ years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Analyzing data using PySpark, Scala, Kusto Query, Scope, SQL
- Big data technologies, such as Spark (Databricks), Kusto, Cosmos, Azure Data Factory, S3
- History of designing, building, deploying, and maintaining complex end-to-end data pipelines
- Passion for games and the gaming community
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away