An experienced backend engineer who has worked on non-trivial systems and enjoys creating scalable solutions to interesting problems. You are comfortable not only tracking down and fixing production issues, but can anticipate where issues will arise before they do.
About us We’re a rapidly growing startup transforming the way enterprises engage their customers when communicating over the phone.
Some things that make us different include:
- A team of founders. Most of us have either been founders or ‘first engineer’ at startups that have gone places. We know and love building products that create big companies.
- Engineers who love product. We take part in the entire product lifecycle from brainstorming to design and implementation.
- We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch. You’ll interface with every technology/interface connected to each device to create an incredibly rich and resilient experience.
- Develop features across a variety of backend microservices
- Design, implement and support services that support new and existing features
- Create APIs for consumption by internal/external clients
- Work with QA to ensure proper testing
- Debugging and fixing production issues
- Instrumenting services to aid monitoring in production
- Experience developing and deploying non-trivial backend services.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Desire to work on team collaborating on ideas and product.
Nice to have
- Experience working on the JVM and in Clojure
- Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
- Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
- DevOps experience
- Experience with containers (Docker)