Vue (pronounced /vjuː/, like view) is a progressive framework for building user interfaces. It is designed to be incrementally adoptable, with the ability to scale between just a library and a full-feature framework, depending on your use case.
Ask Vue.js Team about:
- Using Vue.js
- Contributing to code base
- Vue.js roadblock
- General Programming advice
Thank you for joining our AMA. The questions were brilliant; we all had much fun answering them. Here is a summary of the AMA:
- Vue 2.5 is coming
- vue-cli 3.0 has started and we want the community to participate
- We plan public roadmap to make it easier to get on board and contribute.
- Egoist and Linusborg might or might not be machines/AI
- React patent issues don't affect Vue; we are unlikely to see any issues surrounding this. Vue will remain on MIT license.
- Company backing is not an issue for us. We believe Vue has already surpassed the critical mass and "survival" is really no longer an issue.
- Weex, NativeScript + Vue, and other tooling will be supported by the team for the long term. We are helping to mature the documentation and bridge the gap to help adoption.
- React Fiber is interesting. Vue can leverage some learnings, and we will watch the space. Although we don't see a strong need to implement something similar.
- Vue 3.0 is in the planning phase, targeting evergreen browsers. This will help us enhance the reactivity system and reduce library size. 2.x and 3.x will be maintained in parallel.
- Web components will not (yet) be part of core, but we will continue to watch this space
- We wish Wordpress all the best with their upcoming challenges and will support them as much as we can. It's still too early to say what will happen here, but we are very excited as a team on the prospects it brings.
Hashnode is a friendly and inclusive dev community.
Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 Ask programming questions without being judged
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 More than 500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!