By bringing Hashnode Originals to the platform we want to help developers such as yourself to learn something new, useful, and fun every day through high-quality programming-related articles and tutorials.
All the writers will come from the Hashnode community. We know that you have day jobs, so to compensate for your time and effort, we'll provide you with money, gift cards, goodies, or donations to a charity or a foundation of your choice.
Hashnode Originals, as the name suggests, are original pieces of insightful and interesting programming articles, that haven’t been published elsewhere on the internet.
We’re looking for authors with sufficient technical expertise, who have a knack for telling a story; taking one of the general themes listed below:
- Real-world developer lessons
- Thought-provoking developer experiences, bringing in a new perspective to the reader
- High-quality tutorials with actionable insights
- Case studies and research articles written specifically with developers in mind
All accepted Hashnode Originals submissions will receive monetary prizes. Apart from this, there are other incentives … let's do a list again. 😃
- Editorial Help: Our editorial team will help you in bringing out the best possible version of your article
- Designer Shine: Our in-house design team will help you with all the necessary graphics requirements (banners and other drawings) to give your article that extra polish
- Magnificent Portfolio: We’ll help you in the promoting your Original story, and over time a catalog of these will make for a kickass portfolio.
- Hashnode Originals Badge: Once you author an Original piece, your Hashnode profile will be decorated with a coveted Hashnode Originals Author badge
- Promotional Space: You can use it as a way to promote your work/start-up/or anything you wish to promote (related to software development, in general).
If you are a regular contributor at Hashnode(with a significant amount of great answers, and stories), we’ll get in touch with you very soon. However, if you are new to Hashnode or you can’t wait for us to reach out to you, please fill out this form.
Having said that, we want to emphasize on what you DON’T need for becoming a great Hashnode Originals author:
- Expert Writer: As long as you have got sufficient technical expertise and a knack for telling a great story - we’ll help you in increasing the reach of your skill further.
- Native English Speaker: You don’t need to be a grammar ninja to be a Hashnode Originals author. Our editorial team will review your story, and aid you in making the necessary edits to make it shine, before publishing it.
That's about it! If you have any follow-up questions or suggestions; don't hesitate to leave them below in the comments section.
Be the first one to comment