Here Is A Complete Guide To Resolve Quickbooks Error H505
3 min read
The error code H505 displays, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. When you receive QuickBooks Error H505, you can’t switch to multi-user mode when using QuickBooks Desktop. The multi-user mode in the QuickBooks Desktop lets you work with other users in the network on the same company file from different computers. The error pops up if a multi-user connection is restricting the company file to reach your server. Also, ensure to disable the Host Multi-User Access option on the computers in your network that do not host the company files. If Error H505 is occurring on your QuickBooks Desktop, read our blog to know the ways to fix it.
Are you also suffering in dealing with QuickBooks Company File Error H505? Contact us at our toll-free 1.800.579.0391 to take help from one of our experts
Reasons For Receiving Error H505 in QuickBooks
Following is the list of reasons for encountering Company File Error H505-
- You have an old version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- You might be using a damaged Network Data File.
- Restriction of connection within the computers in the network by a third-party firewall or Windows Firewall.
- The hosting structure of the QB Desktop application is inaccurate on the server responsible for hosting the company file.
Also read : QuickBooks Error 15241
Ways to settle Error H505 while opening the Company File on QuickBooks Desktop
SOLUTION 1: Recreate a Company File Folder
- Go to the computer that is hosting the company file and locate the company file.
- Minimize the folder, go to your desktop and make a new folder.
- Copy and paste your company file into the new folder.
- Select properties by right-clicking on the folder.
- Tap on the ‘Share’ tab and choose ‘Advanced Sharing’.
- Tick on the checkbox, ‘Share This Folder’ and tap on ‘Permissions’.
- Next, check-mark the ‘Full Control’ checkbox for ‘Everyone’.
- Select ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
- Again, click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ and finally, access the company file.
SOLUTION 2: Download the Latest Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- Access QuickBooks Desktop from your system.
- On the top, you will find an option, ‘Help’.
- Under ‘Help’, go to ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- A dialogue box will appear where you click on the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Next, tick the following checkboxes- Maintenance Releases, New Features and Reset Updates
- Now tap on ‘Get Update’.
- Again, start QuickBooks and follow the instructions of Install Updates if asked.
- If you require to install the updates, then click ‘Install Now. Once done, restart your system and try to access the company file.
If the QuickBooks Error H505 is arising even after following the troubleshooting methods mentioned above, call us on our helpline number 1.800.579.0391 so that one of our professionals can guide you to resolve the issue.
Also read : Quickbooks error ps060