My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Mohit Yadav

390 likes

·

1.7K reads

16 comments

Janvi
Janvi
Jul 5, 2022

Hi, Mohit! Great job man. I really like the extremely detailed and informative post. Love it!

·
Amit Wani
Amit Wani
Jul 6, 2022

Brilliant tool would love to use in my next project. 😍 Loved the way you explain each bit of it 🥰

·
·1 reply
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Jul 6, 2022

Thanks! Glad you like it 😃

·
Dhravya Shah
Dhravya Shah
Jul 6, 2022

I think this is the #1 tool for me. Now, I can easily create really really good mockups for my hackathon projects, products, and more!

·
·1 reply
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Jul 6, 2022

Thanks buddy! Happy to hear that!

·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Jul 5, 2022

Are there more details? Or a public URL we can check the project? Thank you.

·
·8 replies
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Jul 5, 2022

Hey Eleftheria Batsou, I was just in the process of editing the article to be more descriptive. The intro video took a long time, hence the delay.

Thanks!

·
Rounak Singh
Rounak Singh
Jul 5, 2022
·
Rounak Singh
Rounak Singh
Jul 5, 2022

Rounak Singh Eleftheria Batsou

Mohit Yadav you are still committing to your GitHub repository 6 hours ago whereas the Hackathon ended on 1st July 12:30 pm (IST).

image.png

image.png

·
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Jul 6, 2022

Rounak Singh I know. You could check the commit till 30th of June, the app was already fully complete.

The only things I changed after the date are either visual improvements like adding the play button on the homepage video, adding analytics, license, or changing the default text in some template, nothing functionality wise. You're free to only consider the repo that was available on the 30th. You won't find any noticeable difference. Just that the product is used by me very frequently, so I try to improve it a little, every time I notice something, even after the hackathon ends.

I did the same with Pckd (for the Netlify hackathon), and now it's one of the top open-source URL-shortener projects. I hope that won't be a problem now? 😃

·
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Jul 6, 2022

Rounak Singh Btw, I'd love to hear what you think of the project itself 🙂

·
Rounak Singh
Rounak Singh
Jul 6, 2022

Mohit Yadav

First of all committing and pushing after 1st July in submitted repo is unfairrrr!!!! Second, the changes were nowhere near to small, it had 55 file changes with 5k+ additions after 1st July. If you wanted to make changes for the sake of using yourself, you could've done it in a local or private repo and not submit in the blog. I do not think others are fool who try to finish everything (from UI to code with all bugs fixed) before hackathon ends. Your app is interesting and useful, but man you lost my respect! Even I could have added a ton of features in my project but I'm doing so in a private repo. I believe everyone should wait till the results are announced before making any changes to their repository.

·
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Jul 6, 2022

Rounak Singh I understand your concern. I've fully made sure to not change any noticeable functionality of the application.

Just that I wanted to track the clicks I was getting, so I added analytics. Some people reported some typos, so I changed some text. Just had a few complaints of errors not showing up if progress is struck, fixed that. Most of them because I went with JavaScript for this project, not TypeScript. You could even see the commit messages and have a look at the changes, they're mostly silly typos or updating mundane-stuff.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 10.31.36 AM.png

I believe I do not stand an unfair chance with making any of the changes, and besides, these commits contribute to less than 1% of the code (the 5k+ additions is git's problem that it does not differentiate renames with changes. Like if I change the name of the src file to source, it would show 99% lines added, 99% deleted. These changes show because I renamed a template from fancy presentation to angular presentation to make it sound more descriptive, and also renamed some SVG files). If you do not agree, you're free to go back to the commit on 30th June and report any noticeable changes you find you feel are unfair to submit after the deadline.

This does not change the fact that the project was full functional, completed and submitted even a few days before the deadline. As I said before, feel free to go back to any commit you feel makes a significant change in my project's marking. Git is a very transparent technology, and it's up to the judges to decide which codebase to consider. I do not agree with how altering less than a few typos and minor stuff could result in respect changes when the project is so huge 😃. Thanks!

·
Maro
Maro
Jul 10, 2022

Rounak Singh He actually booked a slot. The entire article was blank by the deadline.

·
Muescha
Muescha
Nov 16, 2022

is it possible to render with remotion on client side?

(so i don't need to have to install and setup the serverless part and not have spend some money)

·
·1 reply
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Author
·Nov 20, 2022

Yeah, it is possible! You just need to intercept the inputProps params on the network tab when you hit "Render". Then follow the instructions on Remotion's website and pass the inputProps there

·