My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Mariano González

3 likes

·

270 reads

4 comments

Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Mar 28, 2023

Hey, can you help me install & config the theme, I'm a new Hugo user and try to install and edit the theme locally, but I have some problems every time

If you have some free time and want to help me, I'll appreciate it.

·
·3 replies
Mariano González
Mariano González
Author
·Mar 28, 2023

hey mahdi - sure, can you share more details of what you did so far, please? any specific errors? Thank you.

·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Mar 28, 2023

Mariano González my first problem with config.toml files. on the blowfish docs say

Set up theme configuration files:

1. delete the config.toml file that was generated by Hugo.
  2. but the "hugo server" cmd not working !
  3. Copy the *.toml config files from the theme into your config/_default/ folder.
  4. on this step i try to copy *.toml files i fund on the \themes\blowfish\exampleSite\config_default to the \themes\blowfish\config_default

Is this method correct? I feel like something is wrong or something is missing. Because if I skip the first step and do the second step, the site works fine, but I feel that it looks empty or has missing elements

my sec problem is the RTL Support i try many thinks like

• set RTL = true on \themes\blowfish\config_default\languages.ar.toml
  • creating ar.yaml file on i18n folder
  • change many "en" to "ar"
  • set RTL = true on \themes\blowfish\config_default\languages.ar.toml
  • add some code lines to the default config.toml of hugo which was suggested from bing Ai chat

for now this is my 2 big problems im new on the static sites world. I have been using WordPress for the past several years but it no longer serves my needs so I wanted to try something new and I also found this wonderful theme that meets all my needs to create content but unfortunately I am having difficulty with it not to mention that there is not a single video to explain the theme only the docs page and this article is here

·
Mariano González
Mariano González
Author
·Mar 29, 2023

mahdi

From blowfish.page/docs/installation/#set-up-the.., and blog.mariano.cloud/your-website-in-minutes-..

1- delete *.toml. 2- download default files from the Blowfish repo. 3- update the new config.toml with your custom url.

I think it is better explained in this blog, i added a detailed description to do so. And if there is no config.toml, the hugo server will not work.

Regarding the language, it should be as simple as creating a new language toml, set RTL=true (blowfish.page/docs/configuration) and update the config.toml - I did not test this one, but will have a look.

Hope this helps.

UPDATE

Indeed, I just set rtl = true in my config/_default/languages.en.toml, commented out baseUrl from config/_default/config.toml and ran hugo server. The text in my local version of the page is now right to left.

·