1.1K likes

ยท

45.4K reads

129 comments

Owolabi Peace
Owolabi Peace
Feb 11, 2023

Dear David, Thank you.

A friend sent me this link yesterday and when I saw the lent of the post I hesitated, because I had spent a lot of time reading a course and I was totally spent after.

Journey was challenging but it's beautiful how you fought through it, thank you, you inspire me.

So apparently I am a freelance writer, and recently I came across technical writing and it took my deepest interests because I've always loved tech but I didn't know where to come in.....so, finally technical writing gave me my entrance into tech.

I started my learning journey some days back and reading this has really pumped me up for the journey.

I had to create my hashnode account because of you and I'll consistently follow this space, you'll also see me on your other platform by God's grace๐Ÿคญ.

Thank you for choosing to inspire even as you aspire.

Cheers, David ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทFeb 20, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read this even though you were already spent from your other course. I appreciate and I do wish you success in your tech endeavors. I do hope to see you around.๐Ÿซ 

ยท
Chikaodili Ubosi
Chikaodili Ubosi
Feb 12, 2023

Thank you, David. I have a friend who's into technical writing and you just gave me a glimpse of what it is to be one. I'm proud of you P๐Ÿฅบโค๏ธ. For me, I've cried many times that maybe this tech thing is not for me and thought having a mentor equates me to doing well. Well, thank you for showing me I can do tech well if I'm determined to. Thank you! And I do hope you get the full-time frontend job you desire.

ยท
Okesanya Samuel
Okesanya Samuel
Feb 20, 2023

Man!! You're amazing You blew me up, it's like the story is pouring a whole lot of energy into me. This is the article I'll always come to read when am down! Keep excelling.

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทFeb 20, 2023

This comment made my day. Thank you๐Ÿฅน

ยท
Eseose Cecilia-Roxanne Animhiaga
Jan 13, 2023

This was such a heartwarming read. A whole rollercoaster of so many emotions. I'm so happy for you Stranger!๐ŸŽ‰ This is only the beginning of so many wins ๐Ÿ†

ยท
ยท2 replies
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Thank you for reading.๐Ÿซ  Amen!

ยท
Jan 15, 2023

You're welcomeDavid Herbert

ยท
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Jan 13, 2023

Inspiring! Our journeys are essentially identical, even though the wins really haven't been forthcoming for me.

Overnight successes truly do take years of silent struggle. Keep winning, bro!

ยท
ยท4 replies
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Jan 13, 2023

Your win is around the corner. Wishing you all the best, Idris.

ยท
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Jan 14, 2023

Thanks, chief! WAGMI

ยท
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Just keep doing your thing man, things will eventually turn up.โœจ๐Ÿš€

ยท
Adam Ridhwan
Adam Ridhwan
Oct 10, 2023

Victor Eke i agree with what you said

ยท
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Jan 13, 2023

Great post, David. Probably the longest year in review I have ever read.

Your story is truly inspiring and an evidence that working hard has its own reward. I can only pray you continue to excel and hope for the best for you moving forward. Congratulations and welcome to a an even greater year. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Thanks man!๐Ÿซ  I pray the same for myself and all of us.๐ŸงŽ๐Ÿฝ

ยท
Michael Anazodo
Michael Anazodo
Jan 13, 2023

I enjoyed reading this,it really inspired me to keep going man.Your struggles are prove of where you came from and even though you came from a very poor background you didn't let that define you.I pray you get to do many more awesome stuff,land that full time role and earn more money.Thanks man๐Ÿ™

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Thank you for reading.๐Ÿซ Amen.๐ŸงŽ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

ยท
Preeti Paryani
Preeti Paryani
Apr 18, 2023

Your brother was right when he says that you write good and structured, amazing blog and its a must for newbies in tech.

ยท
Md Taqui imam
Md Taqui imam
Sep 21, 2023

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing your honest and insightful reflection on your first two years in tech. It's clear that your journey has been a roller coaster ride, but you've persevered and learned a lot along the way.

I especially appreciate your willingness to share your struggles and setbacks. It's often easy to focus only on the successes, but it's important to remember that failure is a natural part of the learning process. By sharing your experiences, you're helping others to feel less alone and more motivated to keep going.

I'm also impressed by your commitment to learning andๆˆ้•ท. You've clearly put in a lot of hard work to develop your skills and knowledge. I'm confident that your dedication will continue to pay off in the years to come.

Overall, I think your article is a great read for anyone who is considering a career in tech, or who is already in the field and feeling overwhelmed. It's a reminder that the tech industry is challenging but rewarding, and that it's important to be patient and persistent on your journey.

Thank you again for sharing your story, David. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Sincerely, Taqui

ยท
Adedamola Samuel
Adedamola Samuel
Jan 13, 2023

This was such a heartwarming story. The way you made us feel your emotions through this blog. I love this โค๏ธ. I will continue to look up to you where ever I go. Thank you โœŒ๏ธ

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Thanks man๐Ÿซ 

ยท
Kieri Ayibadoubara
Kieri Ayibadoubara
Jan 13, 2023

I'm inspired bro. Thank you for sharing

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Thank you for reading ๐Ÿซ 

ยท
Olutayo Jnr
Olutayo Jnr
Jan 13, 2023

iโ€™m really motivated to get into tech;web development. That twitter thread of your wins of 2022 is so heartwarming. Iโ€™m going to create something like that really soon ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฟ

ยท
Divine Orji
Divine Orji
Jan 14, 2023

David. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I started following you on Twitter during that Enyata Buildup stuff, and since then, your growth and progress has been an inspiration to me. Keep winning brother!

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทJan 14, 2023

Thanks for reading man๐ŸŽ‰

ยท
Orlukwu Amarachi.
Orlukwu Amarachi.
Jan 14, 2023

Thank you for sharing this David. Youโ€™ve really inspired me and others Iโ€™m sure.

ยท
Oluwaseun Enoch
Oluwaseun Enoch
Jan 14, 2023

This is so inspirational, thank you for putting this together. I'm motivated, and not forgetting that this is just the beginning as there's still so many things to achieve. Thank you once again

ยท
Bashiru Akintayo
Bashiru Akintayo
Jan 14, 2023

Amazing, I never knew you went through a lot. There is always a lesson and a gold to mine in every individual stories. Thanks for sharing your story. Keep up the good work.

More wins ๐ŸŽ‰

ยท
Mariam Akintayo
Mariam Akintayo
Jan 14, 2023

This is inspiring More wins ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

ยท
Obruche Ogenechohwo
Obruche Ogenechohwo
Jan 14, 2023

I am super inspired. Thank you Dave.

ยท
Chinenye Anikwenze
Chinenye Anikwenze
Jan 14, 2023

Wow. Your journey was a rollercoaster indeed! My 2 cents on your regret on not doing more coding last year is - "na person wey chop dey code. You're adding incredible value in the industry whether you're coding directly, or explaining concepts to the simplest level"

Wishing you more wins come 2023 and beyond ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

ยท
Clinton Joy
Clinton Joy
Jan 14, 2023

This is very inspiring

ยท
Igboanugwo Collins
Igboanugwo Collins
Jan 15, 2023

Really inspiring... Keep moving

ยท
Opeyimika Aremu
Opeyimika Aremu
Jan 16, 2023

This is an inspiring article. I've often engaged with your tweets so learning about your story so far has helped balanced the "God when" with some "I need to do more".

May 2023 be a better year, man

ยท
Godwin Martins
Godwin Martins
Jan 17, 2023

This is beautiful and so inspiring. I love it for you. More wins man!

ยท
Abdul Rashid
Abdul Rashid
Jan 18, 2023

Wow! even with so many adversities, you still persevered. This really inspired me as I am going through some difficulties in my own life all whilst trying to start my tech journey. Anyways, more grease to your elbow brother ๐Ÿ’ช.

ยท
Abdul Rashid
Abdul Rashid
Jan 18, 2023

Lets connect on Twitter bro

ยท
Muhammad Mukhtar
Muhammad Mukhtar
Jan 22, 2023

This was really a good read and an inspiring one. I wish you the best of luck on this tech journey and i hope to catch up soon.

ยท
Omoyibo Innocent
Omoyibo Innocent
Jan 25, 2023

๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿพ this article!!!

ยท
Francis Duru
Francis Duru
Feb 5, 2023

Find read this post. I'm highly inspired.

ยท
Mueghe Abuemkeze
Mueghe Abuemkeze
Feb 5, 2023

Really worth reading. It's an inspiration to be honest. Key take for me-> Don't try chasing money early when u've not mastered the skill.

ยท
Vector Ojay
Vector Ojay
Feb 13, 2023

You read some articles, and they pierce right through you. You can just feel all the emotion coursing through you, as you read. Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing this!!!๐Ÿ’•

ยท
PEACE IRABOR
PEACE IRABOR
Feb 14, 2023

Wow!!! This was absolutely worth the read.

Thank you so much for sharing. I have been feeling quite down and beating myself up since the beginning of this year, but this has inspired me to push harder.

Thank you.

ยท
Chisom Nnenna Chukwuma
Chisom Nnenna Chukwuma
Feb 19, 2023

When people see the wins you post on twitter, they won't know how you got there. Keep going ๐Ÿš€

ยท
ยท1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
ยทFeb 20, 2023

Lol, I wish I could shake or hug you for this comment.๐Ÿ˜ญ

ยท
Oyatogun Omolara
Oyatogun Omolara
Mar 8, 2023

Ok this had me so emotional all through I hope one day I'll be able to pull through too and look back to how it all began ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

ยท
Clinton
Clinton
Mar 8, 2023

You just poured unbelievable energy into me and at the same time got yourself a follower, a disciple and a student...more wins boss

ยท
Noah Ayanbode
Noah Ayanbode
Mar 8, 2023

This is a great article. Thank you for breaking the points down clearly and also for the encouragement. If I may ask, how do you receive payment in Nigeria here?

ยท
John Chidozie
John Chidozie
Mar 8, 2023

Really inspiring I must say! Thank you for sharing your story. Keep winning David! ๐Ÿ™Œ

ยท
Eniola Bakare
Eniola Bakare
Mar 8, 2023

Hello David! Thank you for writing this piece. What really stood out for me was the fact that you recognised the amount of work required, and you went all in. That struck the cord with me. You made so much progress because you gave in so much work.

Thank youu, for sharing, looking forward to 2023

ยท
Lamide
Lamide
Mar 8, 2023

Wow Am short of word , You are good bro , but I do want to ask a question , I study mass communication, can I venture into Tech also as a first learner

ยท
Odetokun Treasure
Odetokun Treasure
Mar 8, 2023

This is awesome man.

ยท
Abdulazeez Olatayo Quadri
Abdulazeez Olatayo Quadri
Mar 8, 2023

Your article in one word; Awespiring.

ยท
Akikia Ovie
Akikia Ovie
Mar 9, 2023

Just seeing this, from reading through this you can actually see the shege you went through, you had no choice literally hence success was your only option, you had to transition away from coding to become a technical writer but thankfully you are earning a decent amount of money from it! its well deserved, what i took away from this is that i should just stick to one thing i was thinking chasing the fullstack path rn but i will focus on backend development/blockchain development.

ยท
Hannatu Saidu balarabe
Hannatu Saidu balarabe
Mar 9, 2023

This is beautiful, I totally understand you, Iโ€™m currently struggling not because I donโ€™t have the means but because nobody is taking me serious and I have to source for everything on my own. Iโ€™ll read this every now and then to remind me not to give up. God bless you.

ยท
Sam Komaya
Sam Komaya
Mar 9, 2023

Very Inspiring

ยท
OGBEBI-IKPA BRIDGET
OGBEBI-IKPA BRIDGET
Mar 10, 2023

After reading your review. I think I am unserious . I need to buckle up. David ,you are an inspiration. Like I am in awww. You really turned lemons into lemonade. Life presents us with a blank slate ,we choose what we want to write on it. David,you changed your story yourself. I need to change mine too. I need to take my UI/UX design serious. Me not having a laptop has really been challenging, but I need to put extra effort. Thank you for this beautiful story

ยท
Akinfolarin
Akinfolarin
Mar 12, 2023

I felt soo much connection to your story as a gamer and programmer, your story showed how blessed I am in my life and how far I have come as a developer, I appreciate that you wrote this for all of us scared to write ours, am grateful for you sharing this piece of art with me. I am in a process just like this, I have been helped by soo many amazing people in my life and I really want to make them proud.

ยท
StellarGitScholar
StellarGitScholar
Mar 12, 2023

This has me reassessing my life I love coding, sometimes though the drive just isn't there. I am reading this at one of such times and I felt the need for a reassessment.

ยท
Babรกtรบndรฉ
Babรกtรบndรฉ
Mar 13, 2023

Thank you for sharing this, David. And cheers to greater heights.

ยท
Collins Akinloye
Collins Akinloye
Mar 14, 2023

Thanks for sharing boss.. It is an inspiration to many of us finding our feet into tech. May we all find the good life we all seek because life is not easy o.

ยท
Shubh Sharma
Shubh Sharma
Mar 14, 2023

Amazing!! I am having Goosebumps literally loved every bit of reading this, I wish you the best and I hope you achieve more success in life โค๏ธโœจ Thank-you for amazing resources as well ๐Ÿซ‚

ยท
CharlezVictor
CharlezVictor
Mar 23, 2023

You know I was getting exhausted on a particular project I was working on, stumbled upon this article and got so energised, I went back to work๐Ÿ˜….

Wonderful piece David๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘

ยท