My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Alvaro Montoro

74 likes

·

695 reads

3 comments

Maciek Fitzner
Maciek Fitzner
Jan 17, 2023

After some initial experiments with nesting in SCSS, I'm a little underwhelmed - but it's mostly due to how I structure things and where the emphasis lies. For me the most frequent issue is long chains of selectors with certain elements repeating - and for that :is() is my favorite thing lately. I still have scenarios to test it against, but overall pretty happy with it. Also, while I'm still waiting for full support for has() - with Firefox being the only red box at of today - :empty has been quite the surprise, allowing me to target only the containers that had no children or pseudo-elements on my latest pen. Without it I would've had a hard time. Oh, and speaking of great news from caniuse, the features I've been checking up on almost daily lately is trigonometric functions - sin(), cos() and the gang - and pow() and sqrt() in calcs. Safari has supported them for almost a year now, and Firefox picked up the trigonometric ones just last month. Waiting for Chrome, but as of today it looks like it's still a couple of releases down the line. Still, happy to see it taking root. Been waiting forever.

·
Adam Patterson
Adam Patterson
Jan 19, 2023

It's interesting, but SCSS started off with a JavaScript "plugin".

We have come full circle.

How will Nest handle imports which were or are bad, who knows these days. Tailwind and Bootstrap import hundreds of files. Seems like a bad time and something that would require preprocessing.

·
Osvaldo Brignoni
Osvaldo Brignoni
Jan 21, 2023

I think over-nesting could be confusing. One or two levels is helpful. I certainly welcome this feature. Awesome article.

·
Seokaos
Seokaos
Jan 21, 2023

Nice posting.

·