My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
José Pablo Ramírez Vargas

3 comments

Kyrylo Biryulov
Kyrylo Biryulov
Nov 25, 2023

Thanks for the article, I'm trying to migrate my legacy monolith to single-spa and trying to create multiple microfrontends, particularly I'm interested in svelte. About SystemJS - as I see, the current problem with importmaps is that external importmaps are not yet supported in Chrome, but are allowed when using SystemJS. And an external importmap is important part of CI/CD for multiple frontends. May be you have other workarounds besides SystemJS for this? I'm kinda new to microfrontends so exploring the options.

·
·2 replies
Author
·Nov 25, 2023

Hello. I am not using server-sided import maps. I don't see the need for them right now. With vite-plugin-single-spa, I can make JSON files with the import maps I need, and the plug-in inject them into the resulting home index.html page. If CI/CD wants to create these import maps on the go, it can. By doing it like this, I don't need anything other than Nginx to serve my root project.

·
Author
·Nov 25, 2023

Just in case you didn't realize, this is but the first article in a series that so far has 6 more articles. They tell the story of my progression through single-spa, native ES modules and the creation of vite-plugin-single-spa. Continue reading.

·