My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Richard

23 likes

·

124 reads

7 comments

Corina Murg
Corina Murg
Nov 1, 2023

This a great review! I was paying attention to your thoughts on Typescript working well with NextJS.

I haven't worked with either yet, but I am just learning TypeScript. Right now just looking at documentation. Can you recommend a good course?

I have recently tried to add Webpack to an old project, and failed gloriously! I got Vite to work easily, but will try Webpack again but this time at the start of the project.

Question: when you say LocalState you don't mean localStorage, correct? I am using it quite often and was wondering what you think of it.

Great, detailed review! Looking forward to the next one!

·
·3 replies
Richard
Richard
Author
·Nov 1, 2023

This is the documenation I would recommend for TypeScript, it's the same one I use: typescriptlang.org/docs/handbook/2/types-fr..

Let me know how applying Webpack works out for you!

When I say local state, I'm talking about the React states within the code. Which are you wondering about, local state or local storage?

Thank you~

·
Corina Murg
Corina Murg
Nov 2, 2023

Richard My question was about local state. I am familiar with session storage and local storage, but it was the first time reading about local state (well, I think you mentioned it also during the presentation I attended). Now I know! TY!

·
Richard
Richard
Author
·Nov 4, 2023

Corina Murg Gotcha! To answer your initial question: regarding my thoughts on local state, I think they're super cool and I'm still learning new things about them; however I think it's also important to know how and when to use them properly in your application to prevent unnecessary re-renders in your application. I hope to learn more about them as I continue to use them in my applications! And you're welcome!

·
Lank Bra
Lank Bra
Nov 3, 2023

Nice to!

·
Iqra Technology
Iqra Technology
Nov 18, 2023

This guide by Iqra Technology offers a comprehensive approach to building Next.js applications. The chosen frontend stack, featuring TypeScript and Webpack 5, lays a strong foundation for enhanced type-checking and efficient module bundling. The Next App Routing section provides valuable insights into creating pages and handling API routes.

Exploration of state management with Context API and Zustand is clear and well-documented, contributing to a thorough understanding of these techniques. The guide's practicality is further demonstrated through insights into caching using Session Storage and Local State, ensuring data persistence for a smoother user experience.

In summary, Iqra Technology's guide is a valuable resource for developers, covering key aspects of Next.js development with clarity and practical examples.

Short Version:

Iqra Technology's guide on Next.js development is comprehensive and practical. Emphasizing TypeScript and Webpack 5, it provides insights into efficient routing and state management. The guide is a valuable resource for developers, offering clear insights and practical examples. Well done, Iqra Technology!

·