My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Tim Schindler

9 comments

WebApp
WebApp
Feb 8, 2024

Hi Tim, Is it possible to Send "Enter" Key in the Webapp Plugin ini file?

·
·3 replies
Tim Schindler
Tim Schindler
Author
·Feb 8, 2024

This isn't possible in the same way you cannot send 'Home' or 'Page Up/Down' keys. What are you trying to accomplish?

·
WebApp
WebApp
Feb 8, 2024

Tim Schindler

I have a search field where I enter a value and search for but there is no search button. I need to enter the value and press enter. Is this not possible then?

·
Tim Schindler
Tim Schindler
Author
·Feb 8, 2024

WebApp No there is no way to press Enter. If you are searching for something then maybe you can think of a creative way to get exactly where you need to be (i.e. if you are searching for a username so you can click to go to their details then maybe you can navigate directly to the user’s details instead.)

·
WebApp
WebApp
Feb 8, 2024

Hi Tim, How to send ENTER key in the webapp plugin?

·
·1 reply
Tim Schindler
Tim Schindler
Author
·Feb 8, 2024

This isn't possible with the framework today.

·
Valentin Mercier
Valentin Mercier
Mar 12, 2024

Hey Tim, First of all, thank you very much to have written such a detailed article. Very Helpful ! I've tried on my side several things, but always end up with the same error. The plugin cannot do the Validation part of the plugin during a verify.

When running manually (test mode with the user.ini file) everything works perfectly, but when running through the CPM I end up with the error that the CPM cannot find the Validation tag I've put (which is a simple ID to find). It's not a matter of window sizing, 'cause when I run manually and try to make the window smaller, the tag is still there (login button before as well). I'm really stuck. I've tried on two different env. which are on 2 different version of the CPM, but aren't working through CPM but working manually.

I would love your thoughts about that.

Cheers, Valentin

·
·2 replies
Tim Schindler
Tim Schindler
Author
·Mar 21, 2024

It would be tough to troubleshoot without seeing the site and it's DOM but its very strange that it works during manual testing. What error are you getting exactly?

It's probably worth jumping in the community Discord for some help troubleshooting: discord.gg/HGTNU7x6cF

·
Valentin Mercier
Valentin Mercier
Mar 22, 2024

Tim Schindler So the problem was that the plugin, through the CPM engine wasn't able to find the Validation tag. But we finally found the solution, before the Validation we added a Failure command and then, like magic, everything worked like a charm !

·