My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Goutom Kumer Dash Ratul

36 reads

2 comments

Colin Johnsun
Colin Johnsun
Mar 7, 2024

I know that Vuex is still supported in Vue in 2024 but the official and recommended library for state management is now Pinia.

Knowing Vuex is important if I need to support existing application that is still using Vuex but I were to start a new project and required state management then I would be using Pinia.

I think your article is good in that it introduces a feature to a developer that is learning Vue but I think it is a mistake to teach or show them a feature that has been deprecated without at least telling this to them as well as mentioning what is the current preferred library.

·
Colin Johnsun
Colin Johnsun
Mar 7, 2024

I thought your article was good and your style of writing is good as well but I think you should write a follow up post on Pinia instead and tell your readers that this is the official and recommended approach for state management in Vue.

I would prefer supporting an application that is already using Pinia rather than spending time migrating code from Vuex to Pinia.

It is better to teach them the correct approach rather then letting them find out by other means that what they have learnt from your article is out of date with current practices.

·