My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Sandeep Pawar

7 comments

Martin du Toit
Martin du Toit
Mar 12, 2024

Hi Sandeep. Thanks for the article. When I run the code I get this error: AdomdErrorResponseException: The 'xxxxx' user does not have permission to call the Discover method. I am setup as workspace admin. Any idee where I can fix this?

·
·2 replies
Sandeep Pawar
Sandeep Pawar
Author
·Mar 12, 2024

The error indicates either the workspace is Pro (not premium), doesn;t have an XMLA endpoint and/or it's a default dataset. In my code I tried to capture this as an exception but may not have worked for your instance.. whats the dataset, where is it ?

·
Sandeep Pawar
Sandeep Pawar
Author
·Mar 12, 2024

or it could be a dataset generated by a datamart (which doesnt have an xmla endpoint)

·
Sumanta Das
Sumanta Das
Mar 21, 2024

Hi Sandeep. Thanks for the article. A bit confused here..Could you please tell me where exactly we need to run this code. I don't see any capacity details being passed on the code..Is this something I can run in Power BI Desktop using parameters.?? Will really appreciate if you can give some pointers. TIA

·
·2 replies
Sandeep Pawar
Sandeep Pawar
Author
·Mar 21, 2024

Hey Sumanta Das .. you need to run this in Fabric notebook not in Power BI desktop. I will update the blog to make it clear.

·
Sumanta Das
Sumanta Das
Mar 21, 2024

Sandeep PawarThank you Sandeep :)

·
Afeez Raheem
Afeez Raheem
Apr 2, 2024

Hello Mr Sandeep! Many thanks for putting this together and sharing with the community. Fantastic gesture

I wanted to ask a question, please. I managed to run the first code snippet in my Notebook, but it looks like it returned data from only one workspace. I have checked the Admin portal to turn on XMLA to "Read Only". I was wondering if you could share any more info to allow the code scan through the entire tenant. Do I need to have admin role in all the workspaces?

Thank you!

·