My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Matt Mulvaney

2 likes

·

387 reads

2 comments

David Smith
David Smith
Mar 28, 2024

So, very clever!

But the thing is, I've been grappling with this exact same problem with a monolithic app I've been working with the client to "modularise" into separate apps. So they all share a menu. And of course, the menu items that can be seen are dependent on the app you're actually on, and what security permissions the user has (it's legacy is a two-level tab interface from APEX 4 - ugh!).

So, I defined it in a database view (workspace applications share database schemas right?), and each application now just references its navbar as a dynamic list: select * from v_navbar_list;

Always happy to see different ways of achieving this though. :)

·
·1 reply
Matt Mulvaney
Matt Mulvaney
Author
·Apr 4, 2024

I guess your View works out the hierarchical results based on the app and user. That sounds like you have a decent approach there David 👍 I've seen similar approaches like this on other APEX apps. Wow APEX 4, I do remember those two-level tabs. I was quite amazed how ridiculously well the approach in my blog works, I'm glad it helps. If you want to discuss further or need any help with your app, just drop me an email. My contact details on on my About Page mattmulvaney.hashnode.dev/about

·