My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
CodeCara

1 like

·

27 reads

2 comments

Riches Onyechi
Riches Onyechi
May 6, 2024

Nice post. The tutorial hell is real, and many devs out there experience it. It was nice to see a developer going through this openly talk about it. Based on my understanding of your post, it looks like HTML & CSS are the culprits here. Not going to lie, they seem easy to learn but once you start building projects with them they become nightmares to work with. I would say this though, CSS is more of a design tool so having a good sense of design helps, meaning in some way, I think it is much harder to master than JavaScript because you can actually see the changes happening and design is very subjective. Keep experimenting with your tools and use Google and you'll automatically get better at these things. There are only so many tutorials that can help. Focus on the journey, not just the results. Building things you find useful seems like you already have a good idea of your journey and the path to take. I enjoyed reading your article, and wish you luck on your journey.

(Side note) Thanks for the JavaScript reference early on in your article. Here's my solution: ```let arr = [1,2,3] let sum = 0 const squares = (a) => { a.forEach(num => { sum += num**2 }); return sum }

console.log(squares(arr))``` I always love a good coding challenge :)

·
·1 reply
CodeCara
CodeCara
Author
·May 6, 2024

Hi there. Thank you so much for your message. I only discovered this platform recently and wasn't expecting to see any messages from anyone, as I'm not even sure how other people find these blog posts yet(!). In any case, I appreciate your message!

·