My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Matthijs Cox

45 likes

·

270 reads

6 comments

Richard Careaga
Richard Careaga
May 30, 2024

Great walkthrough on custom data structures. I have a different take on criteria.

Efficiency should always be subservient to effectiveness. Effectiveness is doing the right thing, and in the context of coding an analytic solution that means optimization for the least efficient component, which is always wetware.

Brian Kernighan nails the two key points

1. If optimization has become a concern, suspect a poor choice of algorithm. (See also Donald Knuth’s cautions against premature optimization.)
  2. Everyone knows that it is twice as hard to debug as it is to code, so if you code as cleverly as you are capable, you will never be able to debug your code.
·
·3 replies
Matthijs Cox
Matthijs Cox
Author
·May 30, 2024

Would you say there's a difference in the effectiveness of the structures I compare? They all seem rather easy to use and understand to me.

·
Richard Careaga
Richard Careaga
May 30, 2024

Matthijs Cox Sorry. I learned a lot from your code and my comments are directly to the general question of the tradeoffs that can arise from trying to program to throughput goals. No criticisms at all of your approach.

·
Sandy Mildred
Sandy Mildred
Jun 13, 2024

CONSULT A LICENSE PATECH RECOVERY HACKER FOR CRYPTO RECOVERY I would like to express my gratitude to PATECH RECOVERY HACKER for helping me through a difficult period. I was duped into making an online investment in which I was promised a 25% weekly profit, but it turned out to be a scam. I was very angry until I read an article about PATECH Recovery about how they had assisted others in recovering funds. But because Patech Recovery helped me and made things simple for me, I was able to get my cryptocurrency back. If you've been a victim of something similar, get in touch with them Email: patechrecovery @ proton dot me whatsapp---913////730///0531

Show less

·
Abhay Pansuriya
Abhay Pansuriya
Jun 28, 2024

Hi there

·
Cédric Hermans
Cédric Hermans
4 hours ago

My expectation is for 2024 that markets starts to broaden out more," what if the interest rates go up? i have a ton of questions....can I safely invest my $800k? I was advised to diversify my portfolio among several assets such as stocks and bonds since this can protect my portfolio for retirement, but don't know where to start.. 👉👉Inbox Catherine E. Russell on Facebook. 💯💯💯

·