My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Ruben Rangel

1 comment

Graham Bingaman
Graham Bingaman
Jun 4, 2024

In the process of organizing and doing some of the things that you describe here, a framing/realization that I arrived at for myself is that when it comes down to it, no matter what strategy or end state you come up with, you will never actually arrive at the destination.

At any point in time, you will likely have a vision, strategy, and a future state in mind. And most likely how those were determined was not discrete from the vision, strategy, and future state from years prior. It's ever-evolving - living and breathing. I've seen others (as well as myself) getting frustrated at deviations in plans that go "off strategy" at times - taking a moment to reframe that as just more input and modifications to your strategy has been a very healthy change for me. It's all continuous course correcting.

In my viewpoint, the work you're describing here of domain modeling is cultural in nature. The follow-on work to a domain model is continuously evolving that model based on the best information available at the time to ensure that there is always a north star. Personally, I think adopting this kind of organizational behavior of collective ownership of the model with commitment to keeping it ever-current with continuous evolution is key to long term success of an org.

Akin to waterfall processes evolving into agile processes... :)

Anyway, thanks for reading my unfiltered stream of consciousness thoughts - great post!

·