My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Sadra Yahyapour

146 likes

·

659 reads

38 comments

Haimantika Mitra
Haimantika Mitra
Jul 23, 2024

Love this!

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 23, 2024

Thank you! ☺️✨

·
9th Tech
9th Tech
11 hours ago

My goodness gracious i love this so much

·
·2 replies
Marcus Chambers
Marcus Chambers
18 minutes ago

This is exactly what I thought when I first faced it. It's a brilliant idea. With a bit of optimization in UI, you can def feel the impact.

·
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·11 minutes ago

Thank you, 9th Tech and Marcus Chambers! :D

·
Jack O Jill
Jack O Jill
Jul 23, 2024

First time reading about bionic algorithms! It really helps reading faster! Awesome work Sadra.

·
·1 reply
Sarfraz Ashrafi
Sarfraz Ashrafi
Jul 24, 2024

true

·
Indrajit
Indrajit
Jul 25, 2024

This project is super cool and clearly well-planned, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where the AI comes into play. Could you explain how AI is used here? I'm really curious!

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 25, 2024

Thanks. I used a very efficient and minimal word processing pre-trained NLP model that evaluates words based on the sentence and the context that they are placed in. For example, part of speech of that word and syntactic dependency of the word. Thats why in CSS, you can easily select all the verbs or nouns or maybe pronouns and style them. More importantly, the NLP model also splits the words into syllables which means you can even turn them into bionic text not just based on letters, but syllables as well. Fixation will then be applied to the monosyllabic words. (one-syllabus words)

·
Shad Mirza
Shad Mirza
Jul 25, 2024

Awesome

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·11 minutes ago

Thank you, Shad! I really appreciate it. :D

·
Kris W
Kris W
Jul 23, 2024

This is so cool! as someone who read a lot I can immediately see I read faster and more focused with bionic mode. It'll be amazing hashnode and more reading platform to adapt bionic reading feature.

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 23, 2024

Exactly, Kris. I'm considering this adaptation. It helps a lot. I know that Hashnode uses JavaScript underneath. Maybe releasing it as an NPM package can be easily adapted by Hashnode. It's promising.

·
Jidhun Puthuppattu
Jidhun Puthuppattu
Jul 24, 2024

Great thought and execution! Really impressed. Good work! :)

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·10 minutes ago

Thanks, mate! Much love! :D

·
Isabella
Isabella
Jul 25, 2024

Very informative

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·10 minutes ago

Glad you enjoyed it!

·
Osen Muntu
Osen Muntu
Jul 25, 2024

this is good....

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·9 minutes ago

I'm glad you found it impactful. :D

·
Harry
Harry
Jul 25, 2024

Nice article. Very encouraging and with practical code!!

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 25, 2024

Thank you, Harry. Really appreciate your comment.

·
Igor Berlenko
Igor Berlenko
Jul 24, 2024

Can I already publish articles with bionic formatting on hashnode? Just need to preprocess my markdown article with your library right?

·
·2 replies
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 24, 2024

Technically, yes. Write you article in markdown, grab that and give it to Sighted with the template that makes words bold in markdown. A template like this format: **$fix**$unfix. Then paste back the results in the Hashnode editor. Make sure you have the old version editor enabled so it's not WYSIWYG anymore and you can write your article in pure markdown. (You can do it from the settings in the top navbar while writing)

Sadly, Hashnode does not support bionic writing yet. I hope they evaluate the idea and consider it in their future releases. If they don't though, I'll be working on the extension release of Sighted that enables you to turn anything you see in the page into bionic content. Wouldn't that be cool? 😎

·
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 24, 2024

Check this example!

example

·
Alireza
Alireza
Jul 23, 2024

I'm wondering if you can release an npm package for it as well. That'd be lit! Since it's open-source, you can count on my contribution! Well-done Sadra Yahyapour!

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 23, 2024

That's awesome, Alireza. I'll need you. Stay in touch. <3

·
Margaret Ter
Margaret Ter
Jul 23, 2024

I was checking out other submissions. They all using plug-n-play AIs like ChatGPT. This was the first cool idea using natural language processing algorithms underneath. First time hearing about bionic algorithms btw. They look cool. Good job.

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 23, 2024

I've also checked them. I found awesome stuff there too! Thanks!

·
Ali Khalifa
Ali Khalifa
Jul 23, 2024

Effective solution! I examined it. It really works.

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·8 minutes ago

There are lots of UX tricks that really prove the solution. Glad you hit the good one on the first try. I'll work on the psychological aspect and share the results in a separate article.

·
Marcus Chambers
Marcus Chambers
Jul 23, 2024

I tried it. Hmm.. didn't notice any difference while reading a bionic text.

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 23, 2024

It's highly related and tangled with psychology terms. If you follow the terms and give a good styling, you should notice the improvements. I mean I did. :)

·
Dalian 4D
Dalian 4D
Jul 23, 2024

love love live

·
·1 reply
Sadra Yahyapour
Sadra Yahyapour
Author
·Jul 23, 2024

Thanks, mate! :)

·
Frank James
Frank James
Jul 25, 2024

Now is the perfect time to start buying stocks and crypto(BTC, ETH,) if you are just being introduced.. I really wish I started earlier. I'm learning this doesn't have to be as complicated as some people make it out to be. Thanks to Catherine E. Russell on Facebook for helping me get into its trading service and investing guidelines. Investing and trading are more than just having TA skills. There is a big component of discipline and emotional maturity, that one has to work on! Time in the market vs. timing the market. If you keep that mentality as an investor, you will stay calm during the storm! Within some months I was making a lot more money and have continued on that same path with.

·
Roland Brahimi
Roland Brahimi
9 hours ago

Now is the perfect time to start buying stocks and crypto(BTC, ETH,) if you are just being introduced.. I really wish I started earlier. I'm learning this doesn't have to be as complicated as some people make it out to be. Thanks to Catherine E. Russell on Facebook for helping me get into its trading service and investing guidelines. Investing and trading are more than just having TA skills. There is a big component of discipline and emotional maturity, that one has to work on! Time in the market vs. timing the market. If you keep that mentality as an investor, you will stay calm during the storm! Within some months I was making a lot more money and have continued on that same path with.

·