11th September 2017, 6:00 pm
Message from the host 💬
Thanks for participating and asking the questions!
If you want to get more involved:
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/babeljs
- Join our Slack and participate in discussions like in #development: https://slack.babeljs.io/
- Add your company/library to our list of users (svg): http://babeljs.io/users
- Can start contributing by helping with our website: https://github.com/babel/website
- Check out https://github.com/babel/babel/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
- Ask if you can sponsor us on Open Collective or with company time
- Make videos, tutorials, use (and talk) about Babel in posts, meetups, conference talks, etc.
- Note: none of us including the creator knew about compilers/ES6 when we started. It does take some time, but it's worth learning and contributing to!
@Henry I don't remember where you wrote it, but you said you were willing to discuss with managers (?) to try to convince some companies to start contributing to Babel. Have you already done that? If yes, how did it go?
Is babel-core/register production ready?
Quoting James Kyle:
> No and it's never going to be, it's a bad idea for production because it requires recompilation at runtime, which is the whole point of the register hook. source
Is it still valid?