This AMA session is over but you can still ask questions to David Walsh on their Hashnode profile.
- How do you handle the NodeJS async nature of things compared to other server side languages?
- Do you have any specific ways of structuring NodeJS applications from the start or do you just code and refactor later?
You tweet a lot about the benefits of working remotely from home. It sounds like you have an awesome gig. How do you stay productive at work while doing working from home? What do your days typically look like? Any advice for someone wanting a similar lifestyle?
In the first place, I'd like to thank you for all your works. I've learnt a ton from your blog posts. I've a couple of questions for you
In JS apps, the display logic can either be coupled to the JS code (as in case of React's JSX) or it can reside in a separate file with some templating language (like handlebars.js). Which one do you prefer ? And Why ?
If you were to explore the server-side languages & frameworks, how would you proceed ?
Hi David! I'm big admirer of your work, especially your blog is great for beginners like me. I'm a recent college graduate with non CS background. I wish to work at Mozilla. What would be your advice to become competent enough for this job. Also, do I need to be proficient in DSA/DBMS?
Some of my work:
How should companies pick software? For example, there are too many large file transfer solutions (e.g. Aspera, Innorix, Catalyst, etc.). What would you consider the safest way to approach these decisions that have a long term technical impact on a company that implements them?
- I am a Windows user and I want to start learning backend development using node . Should I move to Linux for it as I have heard that node has some issues with Windows?
- Also ,I have been using codepen.io for all my front-end projects .So ,what will be your advice to me for approaching towards backend development as I haven't really done any deployment as of now ?
- Any recommended resources for learning backend development ?