My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Jorge Romero

74 likes

·

2.1K reads

19 comments

Swati Sarangi
Swati Sarangi
Mar 11, 2022

What a wonderful write-up, merging theories of Maths with social behaviors and explaining the concept of the small world through crystal clear illustrations. This article gave me so many thoughts to ponder on! Sorry to hear that you're battling with depression and I wish that you get out of this cycle of depression as soon as possible.I wonder how do you manage to bring about so many interesting topics to write on, regularly, in spite of battling with depression! There's a lot to learn from your spirit! Keep going.

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 11, 2022

Thank you so much for the feedback Swati! I really appreciate it.

Writing really helps with depression. There's some interesting psychology behind it. In my case, not doing (or not being able to do) stuff is what really depresses me.

I have some disappointingly cheap tricks for coming up with ideas to write about. I used work on academic research on creativity, so I picked up a couple of tricks!

I'll make sure to share some in the future XD

·
Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
Mar 11, 2022

I am happy to be your pal 😊

Thanks for the mention and for this great article too.

I learn something new from you. I did not know that six degree of separation coming from Frigyes Katinthy. Hungarians are just awesome. Stay tuned, today I will post some hints to help you learn the Hungariam language😊

Since I saw your unique cover illustrations I am thinking about starting doodling. As I won't buy a tablet just because if that, do you think it is possible to draw on a Galaxy S10? If yes, which app would you suggest?

In the past I loved playing with Draw Something, but as far as I know it is nit available anymore. Do you know some alternative?

Thanks for this awesome writing again man. 😊

·
·4 replies
Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
Mar 11, 2022

Buy the way, if you could ask one question from Elon Mask what would it be? 😊

·
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 11, 2022

Of course we are pals!

Looking forward to learn some Hungarian!

With regards to drawing apps. There is an app called Infinite Painter both on Android and iOS that is almost exactly the same in terms of features and ease of use as Procreate (the app I use), which is iOS exclusive.

There is also Autodesk Sketchbook both for Android and iOS. This is more geared towards sketching and industrial drawing. Whereas Procreate and Infinite Painter are targeted for artists.

Really, any of them is pretty good.

In case you would prefer to work on a PC, there is Krita, which is open source. And one of the best digital paint apps out there. In my opinion even better than Photoshop. An even simpler pc alternative is My Paint. It is really good, and it is as simple as it gets.

Regardless of the option you choose I highly recommend using either a pressure-sensitive stylus or a graphics tablet. I use an Apple Pencil on the iPad, and a Wacom intuos on my computer. They are nice, but in no way necessary. I used to draw with my fingers XD

Also a pro tip for your drawing adventures: use the "lazy mouse" feature that most apps have in some form or another, to get some really clean-looking lines!

·
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 11, 2022

Miki Szeles I would ask Elon Musk if he has a job for me! I heard he wants people who can think critically. hehehe

On the other hand, I would ask him if he knows about Embodied Cognition and more generally the "4E Cognition" school in cognitive science. And If he would like to discuss the problems it poses for projects like Neuralink.

I know, it sounds dry and academic, but I like that stuff XD

·
Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
Mar 11, 2022

Thanks for the advice Jorge Romero. I will check Infinite Painter. For my phone I only have a non pressure sensitive stylus.

On PC it is different. Being also a photographer I have the Adobe Subscription for Photographers, which provides access to Photoshop and Lightroom. I even bought a displayeless drawing tablet with 8192 different pressure value, but up till now, I did not use it too often. 😊

Regarding Elon Musk: I thought my English is good up till I started to read the article you mentioned. 😊

I only understood half of the sentences and being long as hell I gave up after a few pharagraphs. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Randy Knight
Randy Knight
Mar 11, 2022

Thanks for this introspective article. It was nicely written. It's good to think about our connections and relationships with other people. I believe in examining these ideas to apply better social networking to our own lives. I think it's important to weigh the value of each connection with the positivity it brings. If a connection is not as good as it should be, then I reevaluate it to discern the possibility of dropping it. We should surround ourselves with those who lift us up. Anyone who drags us down is to be avoided. Thanks again for the thought-provoking article, Jorge! 😎

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 11, 2022

Thank you for those kind words Randy Knight.

I think you hit the nail in the head. While the science consist of plain statistics, the human factor is always present. While it's a good idea to take scientific findings into account, the best way to network is the way you are compelled to.

We are building human connections anyways, not connecting dots in a graph. But I think the insight I shared fits nicely with our human needs. Thats why I decided to share!

·
Kaushal Joshi
Kaushal Joshi
Mar 12, 2022

That's a very interesting and well formed article Jorge Romero!

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 12, 2022

Thank you for your kind words Kaushal Joshi!

·
naveenkumar j
naveenkumar j
Mar 11, 2022

Jorge Romero Awesome article and thanks for the mention.

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 11, 2022

Thank you for the tutorial naveenkumar j!

It really helps my self-esteem having a pro-looking GitHub profile!

·
Roshaan
Roshaan
Mar 13, 2022

This was such an amazing read. I am new here on hashnode but oh my god the community here is fantastic! Looking forward to more of your writings🌸💙

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 13, 2022

Hi Roshaan thank you so much for those kind words. They really mean a lot to me.

I'm also new to Hashnode XD

·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Mar 16, 2022

That was a lovely read Jorge Romero! Keep up writing and I hope everything is well with your mental health. 💜

Looking forward to read more of your stories.

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Mar 16, 2022

Thank you for the encouragement and concern Eleftheria Batsou it means a lot! I'm glad you like what I have to share!

·
Shubham Kumar Singh
Shubham Kumar Singh
Aug 3, 2022

Thank you Jorge Romero This article motivates me.

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Aug 3, 2022

Thank you!

·