My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Jon Dixon

22 comments

Louis Moreaux
Louis Moreaux
Sep 16, 2022

Awesome as always Jon!

·
·1 reply
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Sep 16, 2022

Cheers, Louis. Glad you enjoyed it.

·
Soeren Dalby
Soeren Dalby
Feb 17, 2023

Just what I needed

·
sssuarez
sssuarez
Sep 16, 2022

Thank you Jon. Just to confirm, if I do not set up the access policies as you outline above, the app registration credentials will automatically allow the viewing of users' emails and calendars?

Thanks again.

·
·2 replies
sssuarez
sssuarez
Sep 16, 2022

Just seems like this is not applying the principle of 'least privileges' for access.

·
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Sep 16, 2022

You are correct. Without the access policy the *.All roles provide access to all users email, calendar, etc. unfortunately access policies only work for email and calendar currently

·
Gregory Grimes
Gregory Grimes
Sep 22, 2022

I noticed in your list 365 apps you didn’t mention WORD. Is this because we can’t use any available APIs for WORD or no one thinks there’s a need for that. We currently considering the new AOP add on. We aren’t using Office with that. Thanks.

·
·1 reply
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Sep 22, 2022

Hi, the MS Graph APIs only cover Office 365 services, like email, calendar, SharePoint, etc. They do not cover Office 365 products like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. If you need to generate Word or Excel Documents, then I would recommend APEX Office Print.

·
VB VLOG’S
VB VLOG’S
Oct 5, 2022

Hi Jon,

I am getting

{"error":{"code":"InvalidAuthenticationToken","message":"Access token validation failure. Invalid audience.",

error when calling users API. Followed same steps. Please help

·
·1 reply
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Oct 6, 2022

Hi, It is hard to say from the information provided, but it could be that you did not grant admin consent after assigning the permission. Check the part of the Blog that starts with "The final step is to Grant Admin consent for the App...".

·
Imre Tarnai
Imre Tarnai
Oct 27, 2022

Hi Jon,

Thank you.

Didn't you have to set up ACL rules and wallet to make the test work?

·
·2 replies
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Oct 27, 2022

Ordinarily, yes but I run my stuff on Oracle Cloud Free Tier which already has ACLs and a Wallet with the most common certificates already installed.

·
Javier Bermudez Tito
Javier Bermudez Tito
Mar 25, 2024

Jon Dixon Hola Jhon Tengo mi cuenta en Oracle Cloud, con una instancia limpia, en la cual Instale Oracle 21c Expres y APEX 23.2, pero no me permite integrarme para autenticarme con Azure AD ni tampoco me deja enviar correos a través de mi servicio de correo de Office 365, voy días intentando e intentando, pero no me sale.

Me solicita habilitar ACL y Wallet, donde puedo encontrar como configurar esto.

·
Paul Jereb
Paul Jereb
Dec 7, 2022

Hi Jon, I just stumbled over your post.

We were working on an MS Graph SDK for PL/SQL some time ago and put it on GitHub, could be interesting for you.

·
·1 reply
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Dec 8, 2022

Very cool; I'll check it out.

·
Jordan Holmer
Jordan Holmer
Apr 3, 2023

How do I handle pagination?

·
·1 reply
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Apr 4, 2023

Hi Jordan, You must write a REST Source Plugin for pagination using REST Data Sources blogs.oracle.com/apex/post/apex-181-early-a... I haven't gotten my head around how to do that yet, so currently, I use PL/SQL to fetch data in a loop. I either use a PL/SQL pipelined table function or add data to an APEX Collection.

·
Nehemias Arias
Nehemias Arias
Oct 23, 2023

I'm getting ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure, right after clicking "next" in the first screen of create REST data source.

·
·4 replies
Jon Dixon
Jon Dixon
Author
·Oct 26, 2023

Hi, You will need to import the SSL certificate into a database wallet and reference that wallet from APEX. See this post for details blogs.oracle.com/apex/post/apex-https-certi..

·
Nehemias Arias
Nehemias Arias
Oct 31, 2023

Thank you! Working on that.Jon Dixon

·
Nehemias Arias
Nehemias Arias
Nov 1, 2023

Hi, everything worked exactly as you described, every single step, however the last step (restful test operation button) says: "Found no data while parsing the service response". Any help please? Nehemias Arias

·
Nehemias Arias
Nehemias Arias
Nov 1, 2023

Hi, Disregard last comment/question. Everything working perfectly. Thank you!!! Moving to next article now. Nehemias Arias

·