Santoshdts

16 likes

·

8.4K reads

7 comments

Saurabh Malpani
Saurabh Malpani
Apr 26, 2023

I have been trying to follow the steps here to play with Kubernetes for the very first time. The problem is that after the kubeadm is up and running on the master - after sometime the api server shuts down. Is there some recommendation on what may be going wrong or how to debug?

·
·3 replies
Santoshdts
Santoshdts
Author
·Apr 27, 2023

Thanks for trying this out. Can you share more details on the error you get when apiserver shuts down.

·
Saurabh Malpani
Saurabh Malpani
Apr 27, 2023

Santoshdts

So what happens for me is that after a while running kubctl get nodes returns:

kubectl get nodes The connection to the server 192.168.64.41:6443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?

The api server doesn't show in the ps output.

I think after some time kubelet restarts the api server I get this :

kubectl get nodes Error from server (Timeout): the server was unable to return a response in the time allotted, but may still be processing the request (get nodes)

And when I look around, the /var/log/controller and look at the api server response, I get very random log with errors that are not correlated.

·
Santoshdts
Santoshdts
Author
·May 5, 2023

Saurabh Malpani Sorry for the delay in responding. This issue initially looks due to some misconfig with the api-advertise-address,. Did you specify the correct API server address while kubeadm init ? You can also check the kubelet logs journalctl -fu kubelet, or check the pod logs at /var/log/pods/kube_system***/*** for APIserver pod.

Hope this would give a headstart.

·
Srinivas Karnati
Srinivas Karnati
Aug 2, 2023

This is a great blog santhosh

·
·1 reply
Santoshdts
Santoshdts
Author
·Aug 2, 2023

Thank you!

·
Rohit Kumar
Rohit Kumar
Apr 9, 2024

Hi Santoshdts As Saurabh mentioned we also try the every steps but the error is same after some time the API server shuts down and as i checked with my friends they also get same error

we are very Thankful if you could explain this way a video tutorial.

·