My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Tiago Rangel de Sousa

40 reads

2 comments

Torbjørn Ludvigsen
Torbjørn Ludvigsen
Sep 4, 2023

Hey Tiago, I stumbled upon your blog by clicking an IndieWeb-webring link.

I like Brave because it dares to go in and change how large websites work, tilting them in favor of creators and consumers.

For example it blocks ads on Youtube, and adds a donate button that lets you sent money to the channel owner. It also adds a donate button at the top of any website, like shown on brave.com/brave-rewards

It's great to have these buttons around to support creators on all the platforms and all the personal websites by default, and not depend on each platform or website to add such buttons actively and voluntarily.

Using the nonsense web3 infrastructure for the payments is a great fit because they are available worldwide and have little downtime.

(Thought I'd add to your post since Rewards is the core idea of Brave to me. As for all the other parts of Brave I have no opinion. Also commenting to test Hashnode comments.)

Best regards, torbjornludvigsen.com

·
·1 reply
Tiago Rangel de Sousa
Tiago Rangel de Sousa
Author
·Sep 4, 2023

Hi Torbjørn and thanks for the reply! While rewards can actually be a great idea, I'm always skeptical of anything Crypto-related. Also, about YouTube adblocking, I prefer to use an external extension, as it gives me more control over my choices.

·