My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Julian Walder

2 comments

Kavir Kaycee
Kavir Kaycee
Aug 11, 2023

Definitely agree with you. Most of my product roles have been towards early stage, so I have ended up building those skillsets.

But the best place to be is at growth stage, where you have to master both types of skillsets - early stage and late stage, and really evolve as a PM.

·
·1 reply
Julian Walder
Julian Walder
Author
·Aug 14, 2023

Certainly! It sounds like your experience resonates with the insights shared in the article. Working in early-stage startups requires a PM to be more hands-on, versatile, and often wearing multiple hats. The unpredictability and dynamic nature of startups demand agility, risk-taking, and quick decision-making.

On the other hand, in stable companies, the focus shifts to scaling, optimization, and maintaining the product's market fit. This environment requires a more structured approach, deep domain expertise, stakeholder management, and a focus on incremental improvements.

Being at the growth stage, as you rightly pointed out, is a unique vantage point. PMs in this phase benefit from the energy and innovation of a startup while also navigating the challenges of scaling and maturation. This demands a balanced approach, drawing from both early and late-stage skillsets. It's a challenging yet rewarding position that can immensely contribute to a PM's professional growth. Thanks for sharing your perspective!

·