My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Aditya Samant

7 likes

·

2.8K reads

11 comments

Kunal Verma
Kunal Verma
Apr 3, 2024

A nice read! Will definitely try to implement this on my machine. Thanks for sharing, Aditya

·
·1 reply
Aditya Samant
Aditya Samant
Author
·Apr 3, 2024

My pleasure. Please let me know in case any clarifications are needed on any step.

·
MOHIDDIN SHAIK
MOHIDDIN SHAIK
May 30, 2024

Thank you. It was so easy to follow. Cluster and all services are up. I got the dashboard setuptoo, but I'm having issue running some images/containers. It looks like an underlying arm architecture issue. Did you face such issues ?

·
·3 replies
Aditya Samant
Aditya Samant
Author
·May 31, 2024

As the Mac runs on a CPU with arm architecture, it can run images that are built for arm or images that are multi-architecture compliant. It will not be able to run images that are built only for x86 architecture.

·
MOHIDDIN SHAIK
MOHIDDIN SHAIK
May 31, 2024

Hey Aditya, Thank You for responding. Understood. I tried few tricks but was not able to get even a simple Alpine image running .. neither on k8s nor Docker on Mac. docker run arm64v8/alpine .. kubectl run myarmtest --image=arm64v8/alpine

·
Aditya Samant
Aditya Samant
Author
·Jun 13, 2024

Hi MOHIDDIN SHAIK

arm64 images should run successfully on MAC M series. What is the error you get?

·
Ranjeet Nair
Ranjeet Nair
Jun 12, 2024

Hi Aditya Samant Very nice article, explains the steps in details. Followed it and was able to get cluster up and running on my Mac. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for sharing.

·
·1 reply
Aditya Samant
Aditya Samant
Author
·Jun 13, 2024

Thanks Ranjeet. I’m glad you found it useful.

·
Satish Sunkara
Satish Sunkara
Jul 21, 2024

Nice article, Thanks for sharing

All Working except unable to reach/ping master to worker01/worker02

can reach local to master/worker01/worker02 can also reach worker01 to worker02

·
Satish Sunkara
Satish Sunkara
Jul 21, 2024

I Think while creating the master node , I have given the same Mac address as my local Mac address, I think I need to change the Mac Address of master while creating master

·
·1 reply
Aditya Samant
Aditya Samant
Author
·Jul 21, 2024

Yes, select a unique MAC address for the master node.

·