My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Erik Näslund

1.3K reads

3 comments

Paweł Świątkowski
Paweł Świątkowski
Apr 11, 2024

Nice post! I did not know about Torch.

About Kaffy, I have kind of different experience. Custom actions do not really have enough flexibility for our needs and we are rolling out our own panel slowly, as you suggested in the last paragraph ;)

·
Erik Näslund
Erik Näslund
Author
·Apr 11, 2024

You raise a great point regarding Kaffy Paweł Świątkowski!

Even though it's the admin framework I prefer, it's still very limited in when it comes to customization in a lot of cases! Luckily for me my requirements were very basic this time :).

There's only one way I can think of to easily make it more flexible on the top of my head. You could introduce something like a "Job" schema in your application, with fields representing the parameters you want to set. You could then add a custom action called "Execute" which just does what it's supposed to based on the data in the "Job".

It's definitely not ideal, but could perhaps be helpful for someone at some point :).

Best of luck with your own panel - go and make it awesome! :) It's probably gonna take a bit longer than with Kaffy, but you'll most likely get something that works a lot better for you as well :)

·
·1 reply
Paweł Świątkowski
Paweł Świątkowski
Apr 12, 2024

We use almost exactly that ;) It worked for about a year, but now there's a feeling it started to be messy and difficult to manage. We'll see how it goes with our own panel.

·