My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Amy Dutton

98 likes

·

886 reads

5 comments

Ted
Ted
Apr 25, 2024

That’s just super awesome 👏 very practical and detailed, and useful even outside the stack you described. Especially the whole auth flow 👍

So Remix is just out of curiosity and sympathy? I mean, you reasoned about Redwood and Astro, but for instance not Next or Nuxt or Waku or whatnot?

·
·3 replies
Amy Dutton
Amy Dutton
Author
·Apr 25, 2024

I'm sure some of it is framework FOMO. Plus, I really do enjoy keeping tabs on what everyone is doing.

I've used Next before. The last project I built on Next, I ran into a few issues with React Server Components. ... It might be interesting to revisit now that their API is more stable.

I don't have any experience with Nuxt or Waku.

·
Ted
Ted
Apr 25, 2024

Amy Dutton yes, Remix guys know a thing or two about generating FOMO 😅 and after all, did you get some aha moments about the Remix way? Anything that would distinguish that among others? (Next and Redwood specifically)

·
Amy Dutton
Amy Dutton
Author
·Apr 26, 2024

Ted I actually have 2 more blog posts on a different blog 🙃 that break down some of the key differences between Next.js Pages API, Next.js App API, Remix, and RedwoodJS: What's Different? Comparing the Router in Next.js App API, Next.js Pages API, Remix, and RedwoodJS and Techniques for Fetching Data: Comparing Next.js (app and pages API), Remix, and RedwoodJS

·
Jon Meyers
Jon Meyers
Apr 25, 2024

Such an awesome write up! Thanks for going so deep! 🙌

·