Shape the future of Machine Learning
Dive into the world of cutting-edge MindsDB machine learning tech, broaden your skillset, and create an impact on the open-source community
By registering for this hackathon, you grant Hashnode permission to send you details about the event via email.
Hackathon ends in
April 1 - April 30
Rewards and prizes
+ Hashnode T-shirt and mug
🎖️ 5 Runner-ups each
+ Hashnode T-shirt
About MindsDB Hackathon
Dates: April 1 to April 30
Set to take place in April, this hackathon is an unparalleled opportunity for you to engage with the latest MindsDB technologies, expand your horizons, and make a lasting impact in the open-source world.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge and be part of the MindsDB Hackathon? Get your creative juices flowing and join us on this exciting adventure!
How to participate
- Sign up on MindsDB's cloud or use the self-hosted version.
- Build an open-source app using MindsDB or build new app Integration in MindsDB. If you are building a new integration in MindsDB, submit a Pull Request to the issues listed below
- Launch your app by publishing an article on your Hashnode, or write a tutorial about your contributing journey in MindsDB. No blog yet? Set it up here.
- Mention the domains of MindsDB [cloud.mindsdb.com] and Hashnode [hashnode.com] in your project article.
- Tag the article with #MindsDB and #MindsDBHackathon hashtags! This is how we track who's in.
- Share your article on social media and tag @hashnode and @MindsDB so we can spread the love!
App ideas for hackathon
Elevate online shopping experiences with personalized recommendations and dynamic pricing.
Enhance software services with AI-driven insights and automation.
Revolutionize email management with intelligent sorting and prioritization.
Optimize network performance through predictive analytics and monitoring.
Boost teamwork efficiency with smart project management and communication tools.
Empower financial decision-making with data-driven forecasts and risk analysis.
Leverage AI to analyze player performance, predict outcomes, and inform strategies.
Transform search engines with intuitive query understanding and improved relevance.
Foster meaningful connections through personalized content curation and sentiment analysis.
Streamline payment processing with fraud detection and risk assessment.
Reinvent trip planning with tailored recommendations and predictive itinerary optimization.
Build new App Integration in MindsDB
Contribute to the core code of MindsDB on GitHub by building new integrations and submitting a pull request to each issue you're solving.
Utilize the Slack API to connect to Slack workspacesGo to issue
Build a new handler that will use SMTP protocolGo to issue
Build a new handler that will utilize the Discord API to connect MindsDB to DiscordGo to issue
Build a new handler that will utilize the Stripe API to connect MindsDB to StripeGo to issue
Browse the list of integration you can build in this hackathon.All issues
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality (clean code, proper naming conventions, use of linter); use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project? What problem does the project address? How did you build it?
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid esoteric jargon in your article. Use simple language to convey your thoughts.
Hackathon Best Practices
- 📹 If possible, share a demo (video format is better) of your final project.
- 🔐 If possible, share login demo credentials.
- 📝 Explain in your article why and how you used MindsDB.
- 💡 Don't be afraid to write a lengthier article! It's better to cover all the aspects of your project rather than leave some features outside!
Testimonials from past winners
Don't miss an opportunity to win big with MindsDB hackathon
Hackathon ends in
Frequently asked questions
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to the rules laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.