Lea Verou is a computer scientist / web standards geek / front-end developer / web designer / speaker / author, originally from Greece. She is currently a Research Assistant at MIT CSAIL, in David Karger’s Haystack group and an Invited Expert in the W3C CSS Working Group. She has also created @prismjs, @dabblet and @prefixfree.
Shoot any questions you want Lea to answer!
Ask Lea Verou about:
- Web Standards
- CSS Working Group
- Design & UX
- Front-end development & CSS
Hashnode is a friendly and inclusive dev community.
Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 Ask programming questions without being judged
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 More than 500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!
Hi Lea! Glad to see you here :)
What do you think about Firefox not considering 'Scrollbar styling' as a default rule.
It has a great support everywhere but they refuse to add the rule, is it justified?
Thanks a lot for hosting a AMA!
- Where do you get your inspirations for your projects?
- I know ITCSS and BEMIT. What kind of CSS architectures do you use? What do you prefer about them?
- Do you polyfill? Which browsers would you care about (and why), if you had to create a website for a new FOSS project (like a new JS library) today?
- Do you think the browser wars are over?
- What do you do in order to motivate yourself?
- What do you do when you want to relax from some intense coding?