My FeedDiscussionsHashnode Enterprise
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Sandeep Panda

178 likes

·

1.3K reads

7 comments

Ankur Tyagi
Ankur Tyagi
Dec 16, 2022

Wow, Sandeep Panda, this blog post is truly a game-changer! Your insights on mistakes to avoid while recruiting for a startup are so spot-on and will be incredibly valuable for anyone looking to build a strong, diverse, and effective team. This gives me an idea for my next blog post. "Mistakes to avoid while working in a startup" I will share my detailed experience sometime soon.

·
·1 reply
Sandeep Panda
Sandeep Panda
Author
·Dec 16, 2022

Amazing! thanks for reading, and I am glad you enjoyed it.

·
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Dec 20, 2022

Love it! What an amazing and informative writeup Sandeep Panda! Thank u for sharing such insightful learnings! 😊

·
Bonaventure Ogeto
Bonaventure Ogeto
Dec 22, 2022

What did you get done this week?

That is my takeaway. I have noticed that sometimes we convince ourselves that we have been productive the whole week, but when we look back, we realize that we can't account for a significant portion of our time or the tasks we completed. To avoid this, I developed a simple app to monitor my time and productivity.

·
Ákos Kőműves
Ákos Kőműves
Dec 16, 2022

This is great. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sandeep.

We apply some of the same rules when hiring, except for maybe one:

Hire people who think like you

I like to have people aboard who think differently until our goals align.

Besides the founders, the others are in for the money.

So, it's fine if your goals aren't to take my company to the moon (why would they be), but if at least one of your goals is to write excellent code or provide great support for our clients, you're in.

·
·1 reply
Sandeep Panda
Sandeep Panda
Author
·Dec 16, 2022

Thanks for reading!

Hire people who think like you

What I meant by that is not to compromise on your guiding principles or core beliefs. For example, if I believe in moving fast, I would never hire someone unwilling to move fast. Beyond these core tenets, they can have a different POV, or thinking - that should be encouraged. But they must share the core belief.

·
Mehul Kundu ✦
Mehul Kundu ✦
Feb 19, 2023

Mind-blowing content. It gives me an overview of not only the hiring process but also the importance of teamwork and people in the fast-growing start-up culture, which will eventually lead to greater success for the company.

I have applied for one of the open positions at Hashnode, and now this blog gives me a deeper understanding of how the Hashnode team thinks about hiring.

·