Hello Awesome Developers! We are overwhelmed with the kind of love 💚 and support you have given to Hashnode since its launch. There are many amazing developers in the community🤓 without whom Hashnode wouldn't have got the initial traction.
We are launching the first Hashnode online contest called "Answer to win" to attract more developers to the platform and to reward developers for writing better answers.
upvotes + 2 x appreciations (let's refer it as score) over the course of the month will receive prizes. We’ll also be offering weekly rewards for more chances to win!
How to Win
There are two ways to win: weekly prizes or monthly prize. Each week, we’ll be giving prizes to the top three contributors with the maximum score on answers written during that week.
The weekly prizes are:
- First Place: A $50 Amazon gift card
- Second Place: A $25 Amazon gift card
- Third Place: A $25 Amazon gift card
At the end of the month, the top ten contributors with the maximum score on answers published during the entire four weeks will also receive prizes.
The monthly prizes are:
- First Place: A $250 Amazon gift card
- Second Place: A $200 Amazon gift card
- Third Place: A $150 Amazon gift card
- Fourth Place: A $125 Amazon gift card
- Fifth Place: A $100 Amazon gift card
- Sixth Place: A $75 Amazon gift card
- Seventh–Tenth Place: A $50 Amazon gift card
The contest will run from Monday, July 24th through Sunday, August 20th. At any time, you can view the contest standings on our Leaderboard, which will be updated everyday.
Searching for good questions to answer?
There are two ways to find great questions to answer:
- Check out "Write answer" section — our algorithm checks for questions you might be interested in answering and updates this section frequently.
- Self answering 💬 - If you still don't find a better question, ask it yourself and self answer it. This is a great way to help beginners and exchange ideas. 🙂
- Only answers that are original and haven't been published anywhere on the web will count. That means that syndicated content does NOT count. This also means that answers copied directly from your blog or website or any other places on web and then submitted to Hashnode do NOT count.
- Answers must be written in English and should have legible grammar and spelling.
- Your Hashnode profile must contain your real name and profile picture.
- All contestants must be registered as Hashnode members and have a complete profile. By "complete profile," we mean it must have the following information: Full Name, active email address, and a photo attached to your account.
- At the end of the contest, before issuing prizes, all finalists will be reviewed for eligibility, including a review for "score" and unauthorised content re-syndication.
The monthly winners will be announced on August 20th, 2017. The weekly winners will be announced at the end of every week. You can view the Leaderboard at any time (updated everyday).
More cool gifts! 🎁 👏 🤓
All the winners (both weekly and monthly) will be eligible for Hashnode Developer Stickers Pack!
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment. Good luck!
Share this ❤️
Let your friends know about this developer contest — Tweet this