I like observing how very senior developers are working. Similar to pair programming but without interfering.
Does anyone know a resource (youtube channel or unique hashtag) where one can find some great developers just doing their thing?
- Watch how people think and solve problems
- Tools they use and the way they use them
- Find patterns in workflow and behavior that you may like and try to embed into own practice
- In the perfect scenario: I'd love to see a superstar – the greatest programmers like Linus Torvalds, John Carmack, Yukihiro Matsumoto, Brendan Eich, Evan Priestley, Andy Hertzfeld, etc
- I do not want to see a scripted & narrated tutorial on something. I want to see how people write, run, debug, analyze, improve, etc
I've already tried twitch and there a channel devoted to programming but there are mostly video games developers and mostly not that experienced.