Last week, we announced Hashnode's Design Refresh which introduced a new design language for Hashnode with two primary goals:
- Clean and distraction-free
- Improved readability
Following the same goals, we are rolling out a brand new design for Hashnode Profiles. They are faster, cleaner, and optimized to provide the right information about any user on Hashnode easily. Check out your profile 🤓 in the new design.
Here are some of the significant changes:
- We started by converting the profile layout to 3 columns. This helped us present most of the important information about a developer above-the-fold.
We added a new "Recent Activity" widget to the profile. You can see now see what a user on Hashnode is up-to using this new widget.
We highlighted the "Available for" widget by placing it on the top of the right side column! Do you freelance? Are you looking for a new career opportunity? Are you looking for pair programming? Get the most out of your Hashnode profile by filling up this section. Here's mine: 😊
- We changed the logic of the profile feed. When you visit a profile on Hashnode, you'll see the recent posts and comments first instead of popular ones. You can always click on the "Popular" tab to view the popular posts.
Better profile stats: Stats like user followers, following and total appreciations are now clearly visible on the profile's left side column.
- Better Profile Settings: In the older version, we had two separate settings pages: one for profile and other for misc settings. Now, all the settings are present in hashnode.com/settings. One place to control all the parameters related to you on Hashnode.
- And many more misc. changes which you will observe if you are an active Hashnoder. ;)
We hope you like these changes and, as always, we will be looking forward to your bug reports and feature requests on our Github repo.
Please feel free to let us know your feedback about this new design in the comments below. :)
Hashnode is beautiful but I can't make good use of it because the most common tags I would create content for does not exist meaning I'll have very little reach to community members so the effort is self-defeating for the effort I would put in creating content. I can cross-post content but I don't like doing that too much since I like to bring exclusive content per platform.