Hashnode August update: 2330 new blogs, 300K unique readers and 1M views
I hope you all are safe and are doing well. I am thrilled to share another strong update this month. Here's a quick overview of our August growth numbers. I hope you will find it interesting.
Traction Update 📈
- New blogs (individual publications) created: 2330 ( > 50% jump compared to July)
- Around 1000 developers wrote 2048 blog posts. Last month we saw around 1000 blog posts from 500 writers. So, we have hit more than 50% growth here as well.
- Content produced by the Hashnode community has been read close to 1M times this month. Unique reads is around 300,000. Compared to last month, growth is more than 60%.
- New sign ups this month: 4000 (33.3% growth compared to July)
I would say this is a big win for the whole Hashnode community 🥳. Let's stay motivated and hit > 20% growth in September too.
You can read my July growth update here: hashnode.com/post/hashnode-july-update-1500..
We listened to you and shipped tons of features this month. Here is a list of the major additions:
- Hashnode Ambassador Program
- Medium Importer
- Custom Widget Support
- Edit post permalink
- RSS feeds for tags
- Allow authors to delete comments on their posts
- Support Web Monetization
- Add any meta tag to blog’s
- Upgrade Feature Requests
- Drag and drop support in the Editor
- Upload image from clipboard
.. and many more small enhancements
Welcoming Edidiong, our new team member 🙌
I am excited to announce that Edidiong Asikpo has joined us as a Developer Advocate. She has been a Hashnode power user and loves creating content for developers. I am sure we'll make a huge impact together.
Lastly, I would like to thank you for you continued support. 🙏 With this kind of growth we are more motivated and excited than ever. Be a part of our growth, invite your developer friends to Hashnode and unlock some of the exclusive features for an enhanced experience.
3.4K+ developers have started their personal blogs on Hashnode in the last one month.
Write in Markdown · Publish articles on custom domain · Gain readership on day zero · Automatic GitHub backup and more
I'm really happy to see that the platform is growing! Beginner bloggers like myself greatly benefit from this platform's success!
It's one of the best decisions I made for my blogging journey to join this community and I'll be happy to share more stories & knowledge with everyone here!
Congratulations Sandeep!! Syed and you have been doing a phenomenal job of running this platform.
I've managed to signup atleast 6 members using the ambassador program. I'm hoping to get 4 more people to sign up in the near future taking the count to 10. Fingers crossed 🤞
This is great! Thanks for sharing. The personalized monthly report you send for the individual blogs is an awesome addition too. I like that.
... thanks for adding the drag & drop image feature.. that's personal favorite.
I would like to congratulate and thank all the authors on this platform for making these stats!
Last but not the least, Congrats Edidiong Asikpo! You are awesome.