I'm Blessing Mba, a front-end developer, technical writer and tech enthusiast. I'm passionate about building functional user interfaces, with beautiful designs and I believe strongly in technology, as a tool for transforming the society into a better place with its many facets.
My journey so far: In my first year in the University,some of my friends carried their laptops everywhere and I wondered why they did that, my curiosity led to my discovery of coding and other parts of tech. I wrote my first line of code during the Covid lockdown in 2020 and so far it has been an amazing journey, of learning and discovering new technologies everyday. Actually a bitter-sweet experience, because the bugs made me cry and rethink my life at some point 😂.
This is the first time I'm writing an article that will go out to the public. I'm writing this scared, my hands shaking, my heart beating fast and hoping I will be able to inspire someone just like me. In my journey so far I have learnt some lessons , some of them are:
- You have to believe in yourself and overcome the fear of the unknown .
- Ask questions with your full chest.
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Build projects
- Network with people in your field
- Make Google your best friend
- Put in the work, it's not going to be easy, do it afraid and unsure anyways.
To anyone who is feeling unmotivated and not enough, you must understand that time is ticking and no matter how you feel about anything, tech and the world will keep evolving because "The show must go on". Here is what I do when I feel unmotivated , and I will share it below:
Place your hand on your chest and say these things
- I am enough and I can do this !
- I'm not a trust fund baby !
- Otedola is not my father !
- Everything will work out !
Don't stop going, keep pushing , I'm rooting for you !