My name is Aaron Patterson, aka "tenderlove". I am a Senior Software Engineer at a small startup company called GitHub. I'm on the Rails Core team, which is the team responsible for developing and maintaining the Rails web framework. I'm also on the Ruby Core team which is the team responsible for developing and maintaining the Ruby language.
I love programming, cats, and cooking (specifically meat curing). I am also a mechanical keyboard enthusiast and amateur / beginning hardware hacker. Please ask me anything!
As some ideas for stuff to talk about:
- I've been working on a compacting GC for Ruby so we could talk about that.
- I've been looking at speeding up template rendering so we could also talk about that.
- Concurrency and parallelism in Ruby
- Making stuff with AVR chips
- Which mechanical switches are best
- Cat stuff
- How puns are created
Hashnode is a friendly and inclusive dev community.
Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 Ask programming questions without being judged
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 More than 500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!