Harry is an award-winning Consultant Front-end Architect, designer, developer, writer and speaker from the UK. He writes, tweets, speaks and shares code about authoring and scaling CSS for big websites.
Ask Harry Roberts about:
- Front-end Architecture
- Performance Engineering
- Responsive UIs
- Scaling large codebase
- General Front-end development
I’ve had a bunch of fun answering everyone’s questions! There’ve been some really good ones, thank you :)
If I didn’t answer your question quite correctly, or you’d like a little more detail, please feel free to ping me an email and we can discuss things further there: email@example.com
For anything shorter form, you can just fire me a tweet: @csswizardry
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your days, wherever you are in the world. Thanks for having me!
If we’re ever at an event together, come say hi and let’s grab a beer!
Hashnode is a friendly and inclusive dev community.
Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 Ask programming questions without being judged
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 More than 500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!
Thank you for the AMA! To be honest, I am a fan of your ITCSS and BEMIT techniques (at least what I could find out in the WWW), so I really look forward to the AMA and all of your answers!
As for my questions, here are a few which I find highly interesting:
- On CSSWizardry, you sometimes use CSS, but you also sometimes use SCSS. Do you have any pattern when to use what?
- What are your most-used SCSS features, which will probably not be replaced by upcoming CSS standards in the short-run?
- How do you decide on responsive breakpoints? For which elements do you add special breakpoints? (images, menues,...)
- I sometimes read that rendering performance can be influenced by carefully writing certain CSS selector rules. Do you think something like that is plausible, or even relevant for todays highly performant devices?
- If you could change any one way CSS is used today with a wish to a djinn, what would it be?
- I have been waiting for the release of an official ITCSS spec and the Inuit framework for some time. Can we expect anything this or next year?
I really hope you could answer one question or another. Thank you for your time and motivation to do this AMA :)