Write your answer…
Cloud hosting. Most here are younger and most here don't remember the days when all there was, was shared hosting or colocation or roll your own. No more need for spending thousands on a server and putting it in a colocation rack. No more running your own server room and the pains of cooling, backup batteries, backup generators, redundant internet connections, etc... It's not perfect for all sites or apps (looking at banks, casinos, etc...) but for 99.xxxx% ? Get's the job done and usually cheaper too.
Hashnode is building a friendly and inclusive dev community. Come jump on the bandwagon!
💬 A beginner friendly place
🧠 Stay in the loop and grow your knowledge
🍕 >500K developers share programming wisdom here
❤️ Support the growing dev community!
Register ( 500k+ developers strong 👊)
I'm part of the "old timer's" crowd and I'll add a few things that I feel have changed for the better:
- Code editors
- Static Site Generators
- Ease of hosting
- Ease of setting up local servers
For me ..
- Angular 1.X , now Angular 4 -- Reduced development time to less than half for same functionality as compared to coding the same using jQuery earlier.
- Spring Boot / Spring Cloud : Changed the way we code using Spring... completely removed xml based configurations and complete support for cutting edge Cloud technologies .
- Docker : The way we manage and deploy apps, configure once and run any number of times.
- Linux instances : digital ocean, vultr changed the way be handle hosting.
Blockchain technology has absolutely changed my life.
When I first understood its potential I realized that this technology would change the world and be the next internet. I am glad that I understood its potential not too late and still have the time to explore, learn every piece of this technology and become a blockchain expert in the near future.
Don't miss out!
Join the growing dev community
Get started (no password needed)
Or Sign in with: